𝟘𝟛𝟘.

AMOUR
CHAPTER THIRTY━━ Just one detail.

━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━

IT WAS FINALLY TIME TO GO BACK TO HOGWARTS. Lyra would miss Andromeda and Ted but she was happy to finally see her friends again. There was also good news. After months of excessively denying it, Theo and Natalie finally started dating this summer.

      Lyra was really happy for them since both needed to get distracted from what was happening in their home lives ( Mr. Nott being in Azkaban and Natalie's parents' constant fighting).

She had visited the nieces only thrice. It wasn't much given how they didn't live so far from each other. The biggest reason, though was because Natalie was moving and Zayna had been to summer-camp 3/4ths of the break.

      The 1st of September arrived and on that day, Lyra woke up late. It was already half-past ten and she hadn't even gotten ready. Luckily for her, she made her suitcase the day before, something she struggled to do without a house-elf. Her aunt helped her for most of it, at the same time teaching her how to fold.

Until that summer, Lyra never realised how privileged she actually was. Most of her friends had to do chores, fold their own clothes, make their own breakfast and clean their own rooms while Lyra always had house elves do those things for her. Even waking her up for the first day was something she struggled with.

Maybe she needed to learn it earlier in life, knowing she wouldn't be the Malfoy Heir. Her aunt now helped her and also taught her to make her own breakfast. It was small yet filling today since she was in a hurry.

They had apparated to Kings Cross so fast they were surprised they didn't get splinched. Once she said goodbye to her aunt and uncle, Lyra boarded on the train, quickly getting greeted by her friends.

"You're late," Ginny pointed out.

"I accidentally overslept. I still have to get used to not getting woken up by Lissy and her big scary eyes."

"The cons of not being upperclass anymore, I feel bad for you," Zayna spoke in a mock-sympathy and Lyra rolled her eyes.

"You're upperclass as well," Natalie interjected.

"As a muggle, yes. But at least you're more chill now, first year was dreadful." Zayna was right, she was a bit spoiled, but changed. Otherwise, they wouldn't be friends now.

"You weren't terrible, you just lived in your own bubble. It was kinda adorable sometimes. . ." Ginny trailed off.

"Can we stop talking about previous years, please?" Lyra inquired, not hearing the last part. "It's our fifth year and I want to separate myself from that past."