Rouge - Fluff

Description: Dream is a traveler, Sapnap is an innkeeper with his best friend, George; Sapnap and Dream become friends.

TW: mentions of weapons
(at least I think it's triggering? I'm leaving it here just in case though)

A/N: edited Dream's hair color bc I now headcanon that Dream has white-ish hair because of a tiktok I saw where dream was supposed to be in the recent Tales Of The SMP and his skin was immaculate

https://vt.tiktok.com/ZSJ1AqnEC/ - Dream's Skin for the tales of the SMP

quotes (') in Italics is talking

———––-

Sapnap stared at the unknown traveler, he had charming and soft cream-colored hair and a white mask with a somewhat messy smiley face drawn on it. albeit, the traveller never smiled his entire stay at the village.

'Sapnap! stop drooling over mr. frown and continue working!' George yelled, his annoyed tone seeping through his voice. 'SHUT UP GEORGE I'M NOT DROOLING OVER ANYONE!!' Sapnap retaliated and huffed, but continued working anyways.

'That traveler... he's had quite the frown plastered on his face, huh?' BadBoyHalo asked, the demon had attempted to make conversation with the traveller, ultimately failing.

'Yeah, all he's been doing the entire time he's been here is trading with the other villagers' Sapnap sighed as he placed the sheets into the dryer.

'Maybe you should talk to him? you're the most friendly and friendly looking here' Skeppy suggested. Sapnap simply rolled his eyes, 'I'm too busy, dude. even if I could, George would yell at me for slacking' BadBoyHalo hummed.

Dream sighed as his eyes trailed to the loud and welcoming innkeeper. He hadn't got his name but according to everyone he's overheard, he seems to go by Sapnap.

Sapnap had a unique charm to him, something that immediately drew Dream in, although he'd never admit it to himself. He'd wanted to talk to the innkeeper but he seemed a bit too keen on keeping his costumers happy.

another villager entered the Inn, walking up to the counter to talk to another innkeeper by the name of George.

'Hello sir, you don't seem to be familiar, would you like a room?' George asked politely. the villager seemed to be a traveler then. the other traveler nodded.

'Okay, I'll be right back' Dream noticed the odd change in demeanor within George but didn't question it.

'Hey Saps, I think we have a rouge' George spoke softly. Sapnap nodded and handed him some extra keys. 'I'll take care of it' Sapnap sighed.

Sapnap exited the staff room and greeted the so-called rouge. he checked the man in like he did with any other traveler and helped him to his room.

Dream had a bad feeling from their switch of demeanor and followed them to their room, which was also on the same level as his room.

'Alright sir, that's about everything you need to know, if you need help you can call Bad or a staff member' Sapnap smiled. Dream slowly sheathed his sword out of its scabbard, as did the other traveler but with a dagger.

The rouge swiftly slashed at Sapnap, the Innkeeper reacting just fast enough for the rouge to not murder him.

'Alright [redacted], what do you want?' Sapnap snarled with anger. The rouge didn't respond and instead attacked once more. Dream cut in before the rouge's blade came in contact with Sapnap's neck.

Dream kicked away the dagger before apprehending the rouge. Sapnap sighed before grabbing some rope from the storage room beside them and tying the rouge up.

'You didn't have to cut in, I had it under control' Sapnap commented as he carelessly shoved the rouge into the storage room. 'I just wanted a reason to talk to you' Dream responded sheepishly as Sapnap locked the door.

'thanks though' Sapnap spoke, Dream smiled and replied 'You're welcome'.

Sapnap's heart almost melted at the sight of the traveler's smile. 'you should smile more, it suits you, uh...' Sapnap awaited for Dream to introduce himself. 'oh! Dream, and you're Sapnap right?' Dream asked, almost giddily. 'Yep, nice to meet you Dream' Sapnap smiled.

Dream's heart couldn't help but flutter 'Nice to meet you too' Dream grinned.

———––-

Sorry if they're a bit OOC, I'm trying my best— you can leave request in the comments!

please don't forget to vote! if I make any grammar errors, feel free to correct them! thank you for reading!