Chapter Eleven

Picture of Nick Bateman as Tyler to the side.

-Unedited

Carter Kelly's P.O.V

Broken.

A word I have described myself with my entire life - because that's what I was. Completely and utterly broken. Why I was broken? The list seemed like it grew everyday.

And the thing is, when you've been broken for so long you start to think that hope is just some beautiful lie that people hold onto to keep their sanity.

Everyone says that there's always hope, and maybe there is, but when you're depressed or suffering from some kind of mental illness, it doesn't seem like it.

I think we've all seen the acronym for hope: Hold On Pain Ends. And maybe that's true, maybe hope isn't just some beautiful lie.

But that's the thing about human nature: we don't know what are lies and what are truths but we choose what we believe in.

What did I believe when it came to hope?

That hope isn't something you can believe in on your own. We have someone or something that brings us hope.

We're all broken - some of is more than others. We're all missing pieces of ourselves somehow. And as pathetic and stupid as it sounds...

One day, someone is going to hug you so tight that all your broken pieces will stick back together. That's all we need - someone who understands how all of your broken pieces fit back together.

People may not always tell you how they feel about you, but they will show you. Pay attention to the ones who do both.

The ones who tell you that you're beautiful and then make you feel beautiful by kissing your forehead or taking your hand in theirs.

The ones who tell you to go to bed and carry you into your bedroom and waits there with you until you fall asleep.

The ones that say that they will take care of you and actually do it. Wash your hair, straighten your hair, cook for you, drive you places...

The ones that never let a day go by without telling you how much you mean to them.

And I have no actual clue how I managed to actual find that one. Why that one is staying with me? Another question I have no answer to.

I roll onto my back and pull my hair up into a bun on the top of my bed. It was currently four in the morning and I was in my room wide awake and pondering whether or not Tyler would tell I was awake.

Today put some things on my mind to think about. The possibility that rogues could harm anyone because of me, the fact that the rogues are more than likely in touch with my mom who abused me and she knows where I am, the happy thoughts of actually having a friend - Lee, and that I accepted Tyler as my mate.

I'm completely exhausted but I can't sleep. I yawn and slowly pull myself into a sitting position, propping myself up on my elbows and look around the room until I see a large flannel shirt that I knew was Tyler's.

I carefully tiptoe over to it and take off my shirt and pajama pants, leaving me in a sports bra and panties before pulling the flannel over my shoulders and through the arm holes before buttoning it up. His scent immediately filled my nostrils and I had no problem crawling back into bed and drifting off into a calming dark abyss of nothingness.

♡♡♡

"Alright! Welcome everyone! Okay, my name is Dr. Andrews."The overly enthusiastic therapist lady says.