CHAPTER SIX

When I opened my eyes I was in a dark room, tied up on a chair which had a table in front of it accompanied by a chair at the opposite side. It looked like an investigation room. All the yesterday's incidents came rushing down my memory lane, I was so stupid to come here, well my curiosity got the best of me. What's that proverb, yeah 'curiosity killed the cat', But I am not a cat that means I am not gonna get killed, I assured myself to overcome the fear running in my body system.

"So you are awake" said my captor.i looked at him and all the fear got replaced by anger.

"Seems so" I told him angrily

"Feisty, Are we now? Hmm you see Ariel I have nothing personal against you, I didn't even want to catch you but some things have to be done, no?" he said generally like it was a conversation over a coffee.

"Just get it over with, what the hell do you want?" I asked him screaming.

"Careful there Ariel, you don't want to push my buttons, now do you?" He said

"Fine, tell me ex-boss, what do you want?" I asked him. Yes ex-boss, Jack, he was the owner of the bar where I worked before, such an asshole, rich brat,23 and did I ever mentioned he is a man-whore, well now I did? And such a disgusting person he is, does all the illegal work I have ever known of. I am just wondering what he wants from me.

"Well ex-boss, I don't quite like this term so let's change it to boss again, yeah?" He said

"I have left working for you, you are not my boss anymore" I said to him

"Well, I will be from now on" he said

"What. Do. You. Want.?" I asked him gritting my teeth, running out of patience.

"I want to be your boss, again" he said chuckling.

"Is this all about my work? Because I left the job at your bar?" I asked him while looking at him like he had grown two heads.

"Oh no no, you have clearly misunderstood the situation dear Ariel" he said

"Care to explain it then?" I said to him

"Of-course, well you see i don't want you to work in my bar but only in the cafe of our dearest Daniel Russo." He told me

"What?" I said shocked

"Is this a joke, I am already gonna work there" i asked him thinking he had gone mad. God, he really needs a psychiatrist.

"No funny business Ariel, i want you to spy on him" he told me seriously.

"And why would you want me to do that? Can't you hire some professional detective or something like that?" I asked him unsure of his reaction.

He slammed his hands on the table and asked me angrily "Do you think i am stupid?, i did that not once, not twice but many a times but nobody was left alive."

I widened my eyes, getting scared now "Then how do you think i will do that? Do you want me to die for your stupid purpose? He already hates me, he won't even think before killing me."

"Don't you think i know that Ariel? But the thing is you are still alive even after disrespecting him and of course courageous enough to disrespect him, besides you look so naïve and innocent nobody will even doubt you." He told me

"No i won't do it Jack" I told him sharply.

"Boss" he said

"What?" I asked him

"Call me boss" he said cockily

"And why the hell would i do that?" I asked him

"Because i am giving you a task and you are gonna do that and according to that i become your boss, well again." He said shrugging.

"I am not doing it" I told him like hundredth time. Okay well not hundredth, tenth maybe.

"I was not giving you an option Ariel i was telling you."

"And who do you think you are to tell me what to do" I asked him fiercely.

"I am sure you will do it after seeing this" he said confidently.

And surely after a few seconds I heard a scream and then watched a few men dragging Mr and Mrs smith, well clearly not in a good condition, they were not beaten up but it looked like they were starved, their eyes and mouth covered with cloth.

"Well you see Ariel, such an inconsiderate person you are, you got a text from them to meet at café and when they were not present there, you didn't even think of checking at them" he said mockingly

I looked at him horrified, "you sent that text? But there was-"

"Yes yes, I wasn't there and Daniel was there I know, the plan was to make you three girls spy but after knowing that how much of a coward your friends are, I didn't think they will be able to do it. And for these old hags I was going to take them to café to blackmail you but that bastard showed up there and we had to change the plan."

"But why do you want to know about him? Doesn't everybody know about him already" I asked him

"Oh naïve little Ariel, isn't it obvious for power, you see that bloody bastard has become the king of this whole country, I want to kill him and hold his title and that my darling is only possible if I know his secrets" he said

"And how exactly will i do that?" i asked him

"That's for you to figure out" he said. Bastard.

"What if I disagree to do that?" I asked him nervously

"Well than you see Ariel I don't have any other work for these old hags then to make you do this task, if you deny doing that, sadly they will have to die." He said

"It isn't hard to make a decision Ariel he is a bad guy, he does not deserve to live, I will eliminate him from this world and make this world a better place." He told me

"He sure is not a good guy, I could say he is the worst even, but you are no saint jack I know what you do. But since after this, one of you will be no longer, sure world will be a little better so yeah I will do it." I told him angrily

"But let me tell you one thing jack don't even try to lay a finger on them or any of my closed ones again because I will make you pay for it next time." I told him courageously

He narrowed his eyes but then said "sure! Deal then"

"Deal" I said

"Now you may go home but remember one thing, nobody is to know about this deal unless you want them to lose their life" as soon as he said these words, a few men came and started freeing me from ropes.

"What about Mr and Mrs smith" I asked him

"Well they will stay with me till the end of your mission. Don't worry I will take good care of them until you make me angry" he said in an obvious tone.

"What if I fail?" I asked him, fearful of his reply

"Then they die, and of-course if you fail and Russo comes to know about you being a spy, he will kill you as well. So there is no place for any mistake, it's a do or die situation." He said seriously

"Okay, keep them safe please" I said meekly and walked out of that mansion and started walking home.

I saw that the road was deserted and heaved a sigh. "Well this is going to be a long walk"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N :- And that is a real twist ladies and gentlemen.

Chapter six over now, so how did you like the chapter? vote and comment below to tell.

I know the story and the plot is not perfect but I am just exploring writing since this is my first story and trust me I am trying my best to make it as good and entertaining for you people. Please feel free to communicate any suggestions you have, after all it's the readers who are gonna read my stories, right?

Have a good day and lots of love😘

Until next time my lovely readers!

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤