Chapter 26

Chapter 26

Rosana held a book in one hand while she walks up and down from the kitchen to the living room as she takes a sip of her juice in her other hand.

Her eyes ate up every word that graced the page as the scenes and images sprang from the pages to play in her mind, twirling, swirling, and crushing her as she tries to calm the nerves that were toying with her insides mercilessly.

Rosana tosses her book on the couch with a stress filled groan and places her half-empty glass on the table before continuing to pace a hole in the floor.

Dammit, she was nervous as hell for today. She had gone over and over the rules for the tournament as many times as she could to make sure she wouldn't get disqualified unintentionally and to calm her nerves of doing something new.

She rolls her eyes, as if that was helping now.

Rosana pauses in her pacing when she hears the sound of knuckles rapping thrice against her door and moves her eyes to the clock to see that it was five o'clock.

Who could be at the door so early in the morning? She thought as she cautiously approaches the door only to hear a familiar voice through the door, "Anna, baby, open up."

Rosana scrunches her eyebrows in confusion before unlocking the door to reveal a shivering Johnny through the gate. She frantically unlocks it too before pulling Johnny inside and lock the door behind them.

"Jay!" She whisper yells as she takes in his shivering form even though he was dressed warmly. She frames his face with the palms of her hands that probably sizzled from the cold that bit into her palms, "What the hell were you thinking coming here so early?"

Johnny hummed with relief as her warm palms soothes his achingly cold cheeks as he leans into it, grateful for her warmth. His eyes open briefly and catch a hint of silver and red with a tingling sound emanating from it.

She's wearing it, his entire body warmed. The cold that bit into his cheeks and neck and smothered there like a moth to a flame, began to melt, from her touch, from seeing that she was wearing something he gave her. It made that possessive side of him swell with pride at seeing his girl with it on. Anyone with eyes would know that she was his, that she belonged to him.

How couldn't they? There were six charms on her bracelet: a book, a thick circle that knotted at the back with an almost unseeable tiny 'J' on it that represented his headband, a letter 'J' that had real diamonds on it, a figure of a girl in a fighting stance, a stethoscope and lastly was the mixed red, black and yellow Cobra Kai logo. If the 'J' didn't give it away then the logo definitely would.

God, the sour look on Oliver's face when he glared at the bracelet yesterday during class made a shit-eating grin stay permanently on his face all through class till Rosana threw a paper at his head that read 'Cut it out!'. It made him laugh and send her an innocent smile with a shrug. But, of course, Anna wasn't buying it and gave him a stern glare that only made his heart swell with wanting to take her into his arms to kiss that hard look she was trying to pull right off her beautiful face.

Johnny didn't even notice that Rosana pushed him to sit on the couch and rushed to the kitchen to get him a cup of coffee till she was pushing the warm rich smelling liquid under his nose.

"Thanks, sweetheart," he blows on it softly as she sits next to him with a glare of worry, concern, and anger that tried to eat at the side of his face like a piranha till it reaches bone and nothing to eat at further.

"Johnny Lawrence, what are you doing here at this time?!"

Johnny dramatically widens his eyes as he leans back against the couch as he looks at her, "Oh, damn. Full name?" He leans closer to her to whisper softly, "You know how that turns me on. Geez, Anna, your Ma is the next room."