23

Sykkuno shouldn't be surprised. But he definitely is. To the point that he wants to cry.

It's the morning of June fourth, when he wakes up with at least a hundred kisses placed all over his face. His nose scrunches and he opens his eyes to look up at his boyfriend who's laying besides him the bed with a glorius smile. The rays coming from the window from behind his head make him look like the sun.

"You look like the sun from Teletubbies." Sykkuno says instead.

Corpse chuckles. "Happy birthday, my love."

"Happy birthday to you, too." Sykkuno says sleepily. "Wait, what?"

Corpse laughs and buries his head in the crook of Sykkuno's neck. He places a sweet kiss there which makes Sykkuno squirm away with a smile.

"Stay here." He whispers, kisses Sykkuno and walks out of the bedroom.

Sykkuno takes this time to properly wake up. He stretches his arms and goes over his schedule for the day. He has a lecture sometime in the late afternoon but he'll worry about it later.

Corpse enters the room with a small table on top of which is a proper breakfast. Pancakes, eggs and bacon and toast. There's also a cup of coffee. He sets the table in Sykkuno's lap who's currently looking at Corpse as of he hung the moon.

"Come on, eat up." Corpse says, smiling.

"This is delicious!" Sykkuno moans as he takes his first bite into the syrupy pancakes.

He feeds Corpse some bites and they both end up devouring the whole breakfast while kissing in between. All the while Sykkuno tells Corpse about the dream he had where he was a character in some anime and how Corpse was there too along with Rae and Toast.

They decide to swing by Sykkuno's flat before going to their lecture. Everybody showers him with birthday blessings and hugs. Sykkuno wants to cry. But he doesn't. Yet.

Most of the lecture consists of Corpse doodling on his notebook because 1) he loves to annoy Sykkuno and the teacher. 2) he didn't bring his own.

He does this a lot. And most of his doodling is really endearing. Ranging from cartoons to little figures of both of them and their friends. It's really cute to also watch him draw those, lips set in a pout, brows drawn together in concentration.

Today they are doodles of Sykkuno with a cake and then there's some of little anime versions of them kissing. All of these make him blush. No matter how many cute doodles like this he sees, he will always get flustered by them.

When they get out of the class, though, Corpse starts getting jittery. He insists on going to Starbucks and starts stalling as much time as possible. He also keeps checking his phone. Sykkuno is pretty smart, he can figure out that they have some sort of surprise planned for him. He doesn't say anything though. Let's Corpse lead him anywhere.

They go on an impromptu date to stall some more time and it's 6 in the evening by the time they reach back home. When Sykkuno opens the front door, the room is surrounded in pitch darkness. And suddenly light bursts and everyone yells, "SURPRISE!"

Sykkuno yells in surprise even though he saw it coming.

"Oh, Jesus!" He covers his lips. "This is– This is so great!"

Corpse leans down and hugs him from behind, arms enveloping him to his chest. He places a kiss on his cheek.

"You knew, didn't you?" He whispers into Sykkuno's ear.

"Totally. It was so obvious." Sykkuno whispers back, the surprised smile still constant. He's a damn good actor.

They proceed to move around the room and get hugs from their big friend group. Rae brings the cake a few minutes later, mentioning at least 20 times that she made it all alone and that no one helped her and that she's super proud of it. It's a small but cute cake, shaped like his among us character, with a fondant leaf and all. It's heartwarming.

Everyone sings the happy birthday song while he cuts the cake and he feels like a little kid again. He feeds the first bite of the cake to Corpse, who's sitting besides him, watching with fondness in his eyes.

"Toast! No!" Sykkuno yells when Toast smears some of the green icing on his cheek.

"Don't worry, I'll help you with that!" Corpse yells when Sykkuno goes to pick up a tissue, quickly attaching his lips to his cheek, effectively licking the icing off his skin. Sykkuno's neck starts heating up at the open PDA and he only whines while being totally flustered.

He receives multiple gifts after that, including hoodies, money in envelopes specifically for his water bill, gift cards, a guitar collectively from his roommates and a bunch of other stuff. He still doesn't cry.

But when Corpse brings out his gift, he can't stop the tears.

He tears the gift paper on small, flat gift open. It's a CD. On the cover is a coloured doodle. It's all too familiar since he has seen the same kinds of doodles on his book for at least the past 5 months.

"What's this?" He whispers.

"Open it." Corpse instructs.

There's a little note inside.

happy birthday, Sykkuno :)
thought I'd do something special for you. this CD consists of all the songs that we sung together in the studio the other day, fully produced with music and all ;)
hope you like it xx
~ C

That's when the tears start.

"Is he crying?" Jack asks.

"Wait, Sykkuno why are you crying?" Corpse grabs his face in his hands.

"This is so sweet. I love it." He sobs.

Everyone around them laughs.

Sykkuno kisses Corpse right then, not caring if it's too much PDA.

Later that night, they both jump on the bed while listening to their songs while screaming the songs back at the speaker, and then slow dancing to their version of the Elvis song while Sykkuno cringes and Corpse tells him that he's perfect.

Sykkuno doesn't think the night could be more perfect, but then Corpse asks him to move in with him.

lol how are y'all :)

another set of my exams is starting next week and it's giving me so much anxiety :D hahahahahahaha fun

anygay, hope you liked the chappy :)

votes and comments are really appreciated :)

whole lotta love xx r