꧁79꧂

Leta sat by the window in her room, sitting on a chair. She constantly glanced between the raindrops racing down the window and the photo of her brother she had stuck onto the glass.

Her window faced the front of the house so she could see everyone who passed and knocked on the door. Her eyebrows furrowed with confusion when she saw Regulus appears with a frantic look.

"Regulus?" Leta said in a questioning tone as he began to knock on the door. Leta ran down the stairs and swung the door open. "Reg, what's-"

"They are coming!" He exclaimed with urgency. "What? How?" Leta asked with a confused look. "Death Eaters, run!"

As soon as the words left his mouth, a cloud of black smoke appeared in front of them which separated into four. The smoke then cleared to revel four people with evil, sly smiles showing their yellow and rotting teeth.

Quickly Leta grabbed Regulus and pulled him inside, shutting the door so fast that they didn't see her. "You go." She ordered the boy who shook his head. "You're dead if they find you warning me." She added which made him look down. "Now!" She shouted as they began to bang on the front door.

Regulus nodded and apparated making Leta run up the stairs into Fleamont and Eupheima's room to warm them along with Sirius and James.

"Leta!" A curly haired witch called. Leta was hiding behind the banister, looking down as she looked down at the Death Eater who looked around the living room. "If you come down now we won't hurt anyone though I may find it fun to kill one or two people." The witch followed with a cackle.

Leta recognised the curly haired witch as her cousin-in-law Bellatrix. She did not know who the other two were but her eyes caught onto a familiar blonde girl with different coloured eyes.

"They want me, I'll just go down." She whispered to James who was staying low in his doorway. "No way." He replied, shaking his head and trying to grabbed her hand but she was already stood up.

Leta stood at the top of the stairs as she watched Bellatrix pick up a photo of James and Sirius. "Put it down Bella, we mustn't touch what isn't ours." The evil witches head snapped in the direction on the steps which Leta stood at the top of, an evil grin growing on her face.

"Ah, found her." She informed to the other Death Eater who gathered around as she walked down. "Recognise her?" She asked the a sinister smile, nodding in the direction of the blonde girl. "I do. I have to say, you are one sly bitch and you know what, I respect you for that." Leta admitted which took the girl back slightly.

"What do you want?" Leta asked, being able to keep a blank face as she turned back to Bellatrix who had her closer inches away, inspecting the girl. "Why did you run away. Daddy has been worried sick." She said in a high pitched voice before walking around her, cackling.

"Why don't you join us Leta. Join the winning side." She whispered in the girls ear who did not flinch but look straight in front of her. "Never." She answered in a firm tone which made Bellatrix scowl.

"You made a terrible mistake." She spat in her ear before pushing her into the arms of a male Death Eater who gripped onto her arms.

"Sirius, are you up there too?" She asked with a evil smile which would sent terror through anyone. There was no movement so she turned to Leta. "Crucio!" She shouted at the girl who collapsed in pain, letting out a blood- curdling scream.

"Come downstairs and it will stop." Bellatrix shouted you the stairs, the rest of the Death Eater cackling at the girl who rolled around on the floor in pain.

"I'm going down there." James whispered at his mother and beginning to stand up, Leta's screams sending shivers down his spine. "No, they want me. I'll go down." Sirius hissed, grabbing James and pulling him back.

"Cousin." Sirius said, already standing at the top step before Fleamont could stop him. "I am related to no blood-traitor." Bellatrix hissed back.

"So, how is Andromeda?" Leta was able to asked through the pain with a smirk. Bellatrix scowled and kicked the girl which made her whince in pain.

"Come down here Sirius." She said, turning back to the boy who gulped before creeping down the wooden steps. "You said you would lift the curse." He stuttered as he turned to Leta who was still in pain and was curled up in a ball.

"Well, I lied." She shrugged before cackling. James felt anger brew up in him so when the witch was distracted laughing, he stood up and shouted, "Stupefy!" He shouted, his wand pointed but he missed the curly haired witch, instead he hit the blonde girl behind her.

"For Merlin sake." Fleamont muttered before walking from the door way and shouting, "Incarcerous!" Which blinded one of the other Death Eaters.

"Confringo!" James shouted at a glass vase which shattered and sent the glass all of Bellatrix who let out a deafening screech as the glass cut her skin. "That was my favourite vase James Potter." Euphemia complained which earned her a small nudge from her husband.

"Avada Kadavra!" Bellatrix shouted back but luckily they ducked their head back in and it hit a shelf which made it fall from the wall with a crash.

"Expelliar-" before James could finish the spell to disarm her, her and the other Death Eaters turned into a cloud of black smoke and disappeared.

James ran down the stairs as fast as his legs could take him and knelled down by Leta's side. Bellatrix must of stopped the curse before disappearing which left her laying on the floor still. She was still breathing but it hurt  each time her chest moved.

The few breaths she took was shaky as one tear fell from the corner of her eye and onto the floor which she lay on. "James." She whispered, her voice was breathy and weak.

"I'm here, I'm here." He whispered back, pushing hair from her face as Sirius and Euphemia rushed down beside her.

"Get her on the couch, I'll get some stuff from the kitchen." She ordered which made the boys nod and lifted her up onto the couch, cringing as she flinched.

Euphemia knew that there was no way to cure someone who had just been hit with the cruciatus curse and all she needed was to rest but there was a couple of things she had to help with the pain.

"You come 'round here often?" She asked James with a wink who was sat on the floor beside her, running his thumb on the top of her hand.

"You were just under the cruciatus curse curse and you're flirting with me?" He asked, chuckling at his girlfriend. "Priories." She said, nodding at him which hurt but she didn't show it because she didn't want him to worry more.

I hope you all enjoyed this one. I have to say well done to someone who already guessed that Zofia was a Death Eater.

Emma xxx