13 | and all morning, too

We've kissed before, a lot, but this one feels different, tentative. The context of... this, is shifting, and I hope Clay feels it too.

Clay hums into my mouth, pleased, and lifts a hand to my waist, slowly dragging it up my back. I break the kiss to breathe. I pull back and look at his face, seeing him completely relaxed, almost vulnerable. I take a second to readjust, planting one hand to his stomach, and lean back in.

Maybe it's just because it's dark out, or just because i've been up so long, but I feel brave. I let my kiss go deeper, nipping at Clay's lip, and swiping my tongue into his mouth. He smiles and moans into it, encouraging me and leaning back.

I follow, nearly crawling on top of him to push the kiss as deep as it'll go without me literally crawling onto him. Clay's hand tightens on my back, and I find myself returning his moan into his mouth. I quickly realize I have to pull out of this kiss or I am going to physically mount him.

I plant my hand firm on his chest and push back, breaking the kiss. Clay makes a small noise of protest and immediately chases, hand darting up to grab my neck and tug me back down into another heated kiss. I whimper and breathe into it, not strong enough to stop moving against his lips.

I barely tug myself back again, only for a second. "Clay—" Another kiss.

"Clay ju—" Another kiss. I moan this time.

"Wait one s—" Clay bites my lip this time and I immediately whimper, melting.

Though, he does pull back. "What? Literally what?" He asks, voice pitched low, searching my face.

I shiver at his voice, only getting worse. "I— we— I can't kiss anymore. I'm one good lip bite away from swinging into your lap and riding you right here." I say, breathy, heat blooming on my cheeks.

It's probably a little too honest, but it's close to 5 am, and I've lost my filter.

I watch Clay's face go lax in surprise, then he swallows and clears his throat, shifting away to lay on his back again, blush obvious on his face. I have to laugh, and lean in to peck his cheek one more time before settling my head on his chest with my ear pressed over his heart.

I listen to the rhythm of it beating, then reach down for Clay's hand. I hold it with both of my hands, gently tracing the veins, splitting the fingers, and playing with it. I physically hear his heart thump when I finally thread my fingers with his and hold his hand, immediately lifting it to my face to press a kiss to his fingertips.

We've accidentally fallen into an appreciative silence, both staring at the minimal amount of night sky still visible, trying to savor this moment of closeness. It's funny to me how simple and easy having sex can be, but holding hands like this has us both frozen, scared, tender. For however much I'm afraid to make a shift, I realize he probably is too, and I'm briefly thankful we're taking our time. No matter how annoying it is.

The moment only lasts a second longer, before there's a flash of lights, and a truck towing a boat pulls into the lot. We break apart like teenagers caught necking, sitting up, squinting awkwardly.

I hear the crunch of gravel before I see two older looking men hop out, one immediately addressing us. "Good morning for some fishing!" He calls out, and I have to turn to hide my laugh in Clay's shoulder.

"Yep." Clay responds for us, and for that I'm thankful, though, I have to fight another laugh at how awkward it is.

"What're you kids doing out here at five am?" The man asks.

So it is 5am then... oops.

"Just— watching the stars, sir." I respond, then feel Clay turn to hide a laugh in my hair, probably because I'm a suck up. This guy definitely thinks we're teenagers that snuck out or something. Though, I don't blame him, we're acting like it.