17 | love language (s)

This chapter contains adult content.

***

I thrum my fingers on Clay's dash, bored, sitting waiting for him to come out of the gas station.

Though, I was already bored before this.

I'm not sure why a two hour drive gets to me so bad, but, thankfully, there's only 30 minutes of it left. That's the only thing keeping me sane.

The rest of our morning was syrupy sweet, spent wrapped up in each other's arms, until we came to the conclusion that it was time to get going, no matter how much we both didn't want it. Clay's dropping me off and driving himself back today, a whopping four hours spent driving. That, I don't envy. Still, it makes my stomach flip that he's willing to do it for me.

I melt into a smile when I see Clay appear, walking out of the building. He holds up a tea for me, again, that I didn't ask for, shaking it in the air. I feel my heart thump in my chest at the act. It makes me melt the ways he shows me he cares.

And how much he cares.

I melt into my seat, entire body flushed with warmth. This dumbass just keeps worming his way deeper under my skin.

The door swings open, and Clay plops down into his seat, passing me the tea, cracking an energy drink for himself. I take it, holding it in my lap without opening it. I end up settled into my seat, just staring at his face, watching as he keeps moving, blissfully unaware of the staring contest I'm having with him.

He buckles and finally looks over, catching me. He melts into a smile. "What?" He asks, searching my face, cheesing.

I hold up the tea. "I just—" I shrug. "Thank you. Like really. I appreciate it."

Clay looks at me with a furrowed brow, lips twitching. "I mean— it's— it's— you're welcome. But it's just a tea." He says.

I grin and shake my head, then lay it on his shoulder. "No, it's not just a tea." I start, then turn to kiss his arm.

Clay shifts, pulling back, looking hesitant. "What are you on about?" He says, nervously laughing.

I roll my eyes, but let myself go serious. I lean forward, dropping my drink in the cupholder, then grab his hand, holding it with both of mine.

"It's the gesture." I say, voice breathy. "It's the fact that I don't have to say anything and I'm on your mind. Yeah, it's a stupid little tea, but you're saying a lot with it. You want me to be happy for nothing in return." I look at him, genuine, rubbing his hand with both of my thumbs.

I hear Clay's breath hitch, and see color start to flood his cheeks. He ducks his head, then barely meets my eyes. "I'd agree but... It's not for nothing." He starts, then grins like an idiot. "I get to see you smile."

I immediately split into one, overwhelmingly happy.

"That was repulsive." I say, still cheesing as I shake my head. He laughs in return.

I have to hide my embarrassment, burying my face in his shoulder. We fall into silence as Clay starts the car, and gets us back on the road, emotion thick in the air.

I keep playing with his hand, slotting our fingers together and mentally comparing how much bigger they are than mine.

I'm literally so soft for this man.

I look up at Clay's face, and he catches me, winking at me. I melt. I have to inhale, steadying myself. I keep staring at his face.

I realize I want to suck him off. I would like to fuck this man. One word: dreamy. Plays in my head.