Chapter 38

Previous chapter
... Who was he?

Rita's pov

"Rita Barrera, or should I say Volkov? Anyway, it is nice seeing you in person, your new sense of fashion suits you, you know what else will suit you?"

The smirk on his face was gone, he looked at me murderously now. But there was something familiar about him — about his eyes. His eyes were the same color as Roman's — a deep blue.

When I looked in Roman's eyes, I saw care in them. Those eyes in front of me looked at me deadly — they wanted to see me dead.

"Roman!" I called for him, taking a step back as he got up from the couch. "Death." He gave the answer to his own question that I'd refused to answer.

"What are you holding in those pretty hands?" His gaze fell on the bunch of tests I was holding before he cussed. "Don't tell me he knocked you up."

"Stay the fuck away from me!" I took a step back as he took one forward. "ROMAN!"

"I Am putting the groceries away, what's so important that can't wait?" he finally came from the damn kitchen.

"Your visitor." I gulped, holding his arm as he was next to me now. His presence made me feel more comfortable and less alarmed with this intruder in front of me. His gaze immediately fell on the man and he huffed.

"That's just my brother from another motherfucker. And he's neither my visitor nor my guest because he wasn't invited," he gritted out, pulling me behind him— out of his brother's deathly glares. "What the hell are you doing in my apartment?"

I peeked at his brother from behind him as the tension between them slowly grew. "No, no," he remarked, shaking his head, "the question should be — what the Hell is this bitch doing in your apartment?"

"That's none of your business and you will forget her," he threatened his own brother for me. I took a deep breath. I didn't want him to be on bad terms with his brother because of me. I felt like I was causing nothing but trouble.

"It's too late for that, your dirty little secret is already out! Capo knows about her, and he wants your bitch dead." His words made Roman tense, and I gasped.

His boss knew I was alive and wanted to see me dead? How? "What? How?" he asked his brother the questions lingering in my mind.

"The man you threatened recognized her and told everything to capo," he huffed at him. "This man was feeling guilty for killing your unborn child for weeks while you were having fun with this bitch all the time! How could you?"

"Fuck," Roman cussed. "I will kill this bastard!"

"You will do nothing anymore! He is ready to kill you for betraying him! Don't make the situation worse! You will hand her to him—"

"No fucking way! I am not giving her to him!" He snapped at his brother. Tears streamed down my face, I felt anxious — I didn't want to die.

"I can't believe you." His brother threw hands. "You lied to him about her death, you threw another bitch in front of him and get her killed — a bitch who wasn't pregnant at all!" He threw the papers in his hand at him. "But that's nothing new to you too, huh? The pregnant bitch was just a façade to just to cover your other bitch up more."

Roman looked unfazed at him unfazed, not a single muscle moved in his fave. "Get out of me flat."

"Not without your bitch." His brother shook his head. "Your hide and seek game is over, you couldn't hide her well and he found her, let's give her to him and stop this quandary before it gets worse."