Chapter 23- Information

Third Person

1 Year ago...

Kayla watched as other familys sat around, laughing and smiling. Looking like a perfect family. Even though those familys were far from it. Especially if their child was also in Juvie.

The circle tables could fit five. One juvenile teen and four family members. It was the visitation room. It had only been the first two weeks of Kayla being here and the only thing supporting her was the bruises on her body.

She didn't want to see them. She didn't want questions to be asked. She didn't want to see the disappointment, she had gotten enough of that over the years. Kayla just wasn't in the mood to deal with the members of her family who barely even noticed her at home. But deep down in her gut she was dying to see them.

Lance drove Louise and Gavin with him to the visitation. They had been through the security and were following the officer into the visitation room.

When they walked in, their eyes scanned the room. Each table was either empty or was occupied by familys in the same position as them. Soon landing on the lonely table which Kayla occupied.

Her eyes down at her hands, as her finger drew patterns along the table.

"Hey Kayla." Lance smiled when they reached the table. Kayla eyes drifted to her dad, Louise and Gavin as they stood in front of the table.

"You have an hour." The officer spoke up before leaving.

Lance opened his arms hoping to get a hug off of Kayla. She looked at him like he had ten heads. Gavin cleared his throat when he noticed that Kayla wasn't going to hug their Dad and it was getting awkward.

"How about we sit down?" Gavin suggested.

Lance glanced at Gavin. Dropping his arms by his side when Kayla wasn't going to give him a hug. He nodded sitting down.

Louise sat inbetween the both of them. Her eyes studied Kayla noticing the bruises on her face that were now and awful green, yellow colour. "What happened to your face?" Louise gasped.

Kayla looked up at Louise shrugging. "The bathrooms here are very slippy. I fell into a wall."

"Kayla that is far from the truth and we know it." Lance added.

"Things happen. I'm a clumsy person and clearly can't keep an eye out. If I could I wouldn't of been put in here." Kayla sighed.

"Kayla you can tell us what happened?"

See the problem here was that the officers did try inform Lance about Kayla's entanglement. But he never answered the phone when they rang because he was busy.

"Nothing." Kayla wasn't going to say a word. Things happen and you just got to live with it in here. Adam and Faith were put in isolation for three days as their punishment.

Lance let out a sigh. He already had a clue to what happened and Kayla wasn't going to open her mouth so they might as well change the subject.

"So what do you get up to in here all day?" Lance asked. Kayla gave him a dead stare.

"Oh you know just paint each others nails, do each others hair, paint rainbows and butterflies, oh and let's not forget circle time, where we talk about our tramatic experiences." Kayla added a smile at the end.