Chapter 5

Rin walked near the front of the group as they traveled, taking in the unfamiliar landscape. He looked back, seeing that the Hobbits were looking worse for wear. He narrowed his eyes, before grinning widely and running back to Frodo, who looked especially tired.

"Hey Frodo, d'ya want a ride?" He pushed Kuro off his back, who meowed but landed fine, and gestured to his back.

The Hobbit looked at him with wide eyes. "I'm too heavy for you to carry me any distance, Rin."

The half-demon laughed. "Nah, that's what my friends said about the 5 foot tall stone lantern, you'll be fine." He crouched down, ignoring the looks he was getting from the rest of the company, which consisted of shock, curiosity, and doubt. (Boromir.)

Frodo climbed on and Rin threw him in the air a little to show the Hobbit that his weight wasn't a dilemma before jogging back to the front of the party.

Boromir narrowed his eyes at him and called out, "How is it that the Ring Bearer is as light as air to one such as you." He looked at him in a very Bon-like way, and Rin rolled his eyes, although he was a little annoyed at the jab at his stature.

He smirked and, jogging back a little ways to where Boromir was walking, said, "Sorry, didn't hear ya, what was that?", and proceeded to shift Frodo to one shoulder and pick up Merry, who had been walking near Boromir.

Out of the corner of his eye he saw grins or hidden smiles on the faces of some of the fellowship members.

Plus annoyance on the steward's son's face, which was probably more satisfying than it should be.

---

Rin watched the Hobbits get ready to train with Aragorn and Boromir. It reminded him a tad of Shura's lessons, mostly because he knew the two men to be excellent in swordplay, although he knew they would be much more gentle than the exorcist.

Shura. What a thought. He had liked Shura, and he found himself missing her more than some of the others. She had been honest, and that was more than enough for him.

"Rin!" He was snapped out of his thoughts as Merry rushed towards him. "You should come practice with us. Your sword won't make us burst into flame, right?"

Rin rubbed the back of his neck as he stood up. "Um, no, but, really -" "-Don't be a put out Rin, come on." He was unceremoniously dragged by a surprisingly strong Hobbit to where the sword practice was taking place.

"-I don't know any swordplay." He muttered.

He heard a muffled laugh and turned to glare at the Prince of Mirkwood but was redirected by the Hobbits.

---

Legolas watched as Rin Okumura attempted sword fighting with that strange blade of his. He could certainly use more work, although judging from Aragorn's description of his fighting at Weathertop, he would be able to hold his own in a mortal fight.

Elrond had informed him of the blue-haired man's denial of being an elf, and his theory that he could be similar to Iarwain Ben-Adar. He had never met the Oldest one, but he knew that he tended to stay in his woods, whilst Rin was here and before then had been in Bree, the only inconsistency in Elrond's theory.

He observed as the subject of his thought jumped back nearly 10 paces. Perhaps there are more inconsistencies than just the one.

He looked up to see something strange in the sky, moving further from the group to get a better look.

It seemed the others had noticed as well when the practice was halted. "What is that?" Someone spoke.

"Just a wisp of cloud." Gimli disregarded.