42 | point of view

Harvey is a good man.

We spend the first night with him and his boyfriend. The next day, Mark is still nowhere to be found. I try to look for a hotel, but he shuts it down, quick, with 'it's no problem', 'stay here', 'wouldn't you rather have two bodyguards'. And honestly... yeah. I would. It feels safer. Plus, the line of communication and entertainment is nice. I purposefully left my phone and laptop turned off at my apartment.

We end up staying with him all the way through the weekend. Sunday, Mark finally shows up, at his own home, still drunk, apparently coming off of a bender. The call is relieving. It... should be relieving. Ellie and I decide it's okay to go back home. I should want that. But there's... hesitancy, nerves— something burning a hole in my chest.

I try to delay.

"Can I make you that cake before I go?" I ask.

Harvey shrugs. "I mean. Yeah. Sounds delicious."

So, I do, wasting time distracting myself by baking. When I have a goal I don't have to spend time thinking. Hm.

I'm avoiding it, aren't I?

I let out a massive sigh, staring down at a pan filled with batter as I realize. Now that the immediate threat is settled... I have to think about what else is going on in my life. Which is something I've desperately been pushing away. I let out a massive sigh.

"Woah— big ole sigh." Harvey says, striding in to drop a cup in his sink.

I glance up at him, briefly feeling embarrassed. "Sorry. Got a lot on the noggin." I mumble.

He immediately hops up and sits on the counter, staring at me. "Do tell, do tell. I love to consume the tumultuous details of the lives of anyone that isn't me." He says, tone teasing.

I sneer back, but quickly let myself go soft. "Can I have some confidentiality? If I spill?" I ask, chewing my lip.

His brows lift. "Of course. I'm no snitch."

I huff a laugh for that, then frown down at the pan. "So you remember how I have a boyfriend that I pissed off?" I ask.

"Yep. I sure do remember Daddy D." He says back.

I briefly glare. "So his name is Clay— the contact name is a joke."

He raises his hands. "Clay it is, ma'am."

"Okay so like... he's famous within a niche, but likes to hold himself kind of— anonymously. And I kinda fucked it up by—"

"Oh, he's Dream, right?" Harvey asks, and I immediately freeze, fish mouthing at him.

"Y-yeah." I say, quick. "He's Dream." I say, eyeing him.

"Damn. Yeah. I saw everything that's popping off on Twitter. Rough stuff." He says.

I keep eyeing him.

"Oh— I'm— I'm into the Minecraft Youtube scene. Had a hunch because of his contact name and uh— you're literally in the pictures." He continues.

I duck my head. "Oh. I mean, I'm gonna be completely honest, I have no idea exactly what's going on. Haven't looked at any of it."

"I mean. Nothing wrong with hiding from social media for a bit until things blow over. It's you guy's relationship, so you can keep that discussion private."

I curl in on myself. "Haven't talked to him either. I uh— I turned my phone off and left it in my apartment."

Harvey nods. "Ah— I was wondering. Haven't seen you check anything. Thought you might just be phone shy."