43 | your little helper (s)

This chapter contains adult content.

***

"So..." I start, then have to sniffle again, still weepy. "Do you always break into your girlfriend's apartments, or am I special?"

Clay laughs, somewhat brief. "Yeah. You're special."

I rub my face into his chest, essentially wiping my eyes with his shirt.

"Good." I start, mumbling. "I love to be special." I sniffle one more time. "Seriously though, your timing is... impeccable. I was not in this apartment five minutes before you showed up."

"What? Where even— where were you? Wh—what do you mean?" He asks back.

I keep rubbing into his chest with my cheek. "So— Mark like... disappeared and—" I start, feeling Clay immediately tense in my hands.

I pat him. "Chill. It's all good now. Um... so... he disappeared and we went to stay with Harvey across the way for the weekend. I left my phone here because I freaked out over the face thing and— I'm sorry, again by the way."

Clay huffs a small laugh, shaking his head. "I promise it's okay, baby. It's just my face."

"No. Not the face." I say, then pull back until we're making eye-contact. "I understand that was okay. I'm talking about my... tendency to dip the fuck out when things get hard. It's inconsiderate of what you might need from me for me to just... shut down like that."

Clay nods, once, and I soothe my hands down his shoulders. He squeezes me tighter, leaning in to press a kiss to my cheek.

Ugh.

"You really... you have every right to be mad at me, y'know? And you just... you're not." I feel myself melt. "You're such a good man." I mumble out.

He presses another kiss. "Everything happens for a reason. Probably."

I tilt my head, staring him down. "Yeah? You think this weekend was some kind of destiny? You believe in fate?"

Clay shrugs. "I think I have to. I mean I— I landed you." He says, then smiles at me, face slowly flooding with color.

I immediately pout. "You did not just— stop it. I can't deal with that, you're— God Clay." I mash my face back into his chest. "Say something funny. I don't want to cry again."

He laughs, dragging one hand up to pet my hair. "But don't you know who I am?"

I lean back so I can stare him down, seeing he's split into a pleased grin. "What? The coochie man?" I ask, deadpan.

He shakes his head, grin growing. "I'm Mr. Loverman. And I missed my lover, man." He says, voice barely pitched.

I blink at him. "Okay, so, I would have preferred coochie man."

Clay huffs a laugh, circling to cup my chin instead of pet my hair. He squeezes me in his grip. "Fine. I'm the coochie man." He says, then drags his thumb along my lip.

I flit my eyes down Clay's face, following as his gaze briefly falters to watch his thumb part my lips.

"Now... you know exactly what you're doing." I say, quick, moving a hand to drag my nails against his neck.

"Oh?" He asks, coy, then pushes his thumb into my mouth. I can't help that my eyes flutter as I immediately accept. "What would that be? I'm not familiar." He asks, low and quiet.

I can feel my breath hitch, lips tightening around his thumb. This time, he watches unabashed.

"Am I stupid?" Clay asks, after a moment of fucking my mouth with his fingers.