7

It was 9 pm as I turned off the hot water and hopped in the bath tub. I relaxed in there for an hour before brushing my teeth and heading to bed.

"Goodnight Megan." I sigh, as I go through my closet to pick out pajamas.

"Sleep tight, I'll be in the living room watching a movie."

Megan had successfully found a part time job as a life guard on the beach for the summer. She was such a good swimmer. And compared to me, she was practically a professional since I sucked at swimming.

I continued to look through my closet until I pulled out two pieces of clothing. I squeezed them tight in a hug and I laid my face on the shirt before smelling the comforting scent that made my eyes tear up. It was Val's shirt and boxers that he had given me.

If Selena hadn't have been there for me in the bathroom earlier today, I don't know what I would have done. I started to cry again remembering him. These stupid clothes of his are only making me depressed, I can't have them in my presence any longer.

Me: Hey, It's Kate. Can you meet me right now at Rae's diner.

Valentino: sure

Wow, he was a vague texter. Well, it doesn't matter since once I give him back his clothes I won't have to see him again.

I put on a maroon tank top and a pair of grey sweat pants. It was in the 90's tonight so I didn't need a jacket, I was practically already sweating. I looked at his clothes once more before shoving it in my bag. I said bye to Megan before I tied my hair up in a loose bun and I slipped on my beat up nike air force 1's.

"Wait, take this." She stopped me as I was walking out and handed me a knife and pepper spray. "Be careful out there."

"Shit... thanks, I almost forgot, but isn't the knife a little extreme."

"You can never be too careful." She kissed my cheek before closing the door behind me.

As I walked into the street, a warm night breeze passed through me. It was quiet, there was barely anyone around. I decided to walk to the diner since it was only 10 minutes away.

Shit, okay so all I have to do is give him his clothes back and then go home. Clothes, then go home, clothes, then go home. I kept on repeating that to myself until I got there.

"Hello, what would you like to order." A young lady approached me.

"Thank you, but nothing. I just need to find someone." I said as I looked around for an intimidating guy. Shit, where is he. I'll just sit in the back and wait for him until he comes. I chose the quietest seat where not many people were around as I waited.

"Fuck, sorry I'm late." Val came running in, panting like crazy as if he had just ran a marathon. His hair was messy and slightly damp with water drops falling from the front. He sat down in front of me before shaking his hair like a dog would do after a bath and a few water drops hit me.

"Thanks." I said sarcastically, wiping the water off my chest. His eyes roamed around my whole body before he opened his mouth. "So why did yo-"

"Well well well, what do we have here, Mr. Russo." A dark haired guy came walking to us, looking at me. "Is that another one of you're whores. How many does that make now? You brought different girls to your house like an addict would take drugs, since you're father's death."

"What the fuck did you just say." Val yelled enraged as he bolted up and punched him to the floor. "Say that shit again and see what happens you figlio di puttana!" He kept on punching him as he laid there, motionless. Blood started to flood out his face and it was all over Val's fist. Val's jaw was clenched and his eyes were fixated on him.