02

george boots up his pc, checking his phone that he left on his bed before dinner. his mom and mrs. vu had come up with a rule that they weren't allowed to have phones at the table after seeing george and devyn sit silently at dinner, distracted by social media. they claimed that they "needed to speak to each other" and have "real life human interaction." after many protests from both parties, george and dev agreed to their mother's terms and reluctantly left their phones away from the dinner table.

he feverishly types a message responding to karl's numerous missed texts, apologizing for his late arrival. george joins the discord and is greeted by the sound of quackity's autotuned singing.

"george! you decided to join us! were you sleeping again?"

"oh my god, i'm sorry, i was eating dinner."

karl laughs, teasing, "gogy, i am just joking, don't worry about it, we're glad you're here. we just finished the first round of quiplash so you'll just have to jump right in to the rapping one with no warmup."

the screen loads, showing that sapnap and george were going to face off against each other.

"george, i'm going to destroy you, bitch!"

"no way in hell am i going to let sapnap destr-" george is cut off by a quiet knock on his doorframe, dev's head popping in.

"wait, one second, guys." he mutes on discord, raising his eyebrows at her.

"i'm muted," he confirms, after seeing dev trying to mouth something inconspicuous at him.

"can i come in? i'm bored and our moms went on a walk."

"yeah, my camera's not on you can just sit on the bed or whatever."

"ok cool, i'm just going to watch netflix on your computer."

george doesn't respond, going back to the game where his friends are so patiently waiting.

"get ready for this george, i'm going to destroy you, stupid idiot."

"that's not fair! i didn't even get to fill out the prompts! de- my mom came in my room, that's not fair at all."

"don't be a little bitch gogy, get ready for this. yeah uh- let's go
i got a big heart my rhymes are full of anger.
i'm at dream's house he told me to tell you 'see you later'-
in high school i was voted most smart
you were voted the dumbass who couldn't tell two colors apart."

quackity and karl's voices erupt in george's headset, screaming "OH MY GOD" and "GET OWNED"

"sapnap, why would you say that. ugh, you guys are so annoying," he cringes.

on the other side of the room, dev opens up her best friend's laptop to see his wallpaper as a picture of them together at prom (do they have prom in the UK??). they became friends in high school when dev accidentally caused a fire in the chem lab and singed george's favorite hoodie. he never let her live that one down even after she promised to buy him a new one.

she pulls out her polaroid camera from her backpack, checking to make sure there's still film left. dev throws a stray sock at george, causing him to wave her off aggressively. she throws another at him, hoping to catch his attention. he takes his headset off, turning his seat around to face her.

"i'm going to lose against dream! what do you want!"

she clicks the camera, flashing the room in a white light and temporarily blinding george. dev grins at him, waiting for the camera to print the image.

"you are so annoying," he groans, "how many polaroids do you have of me anyway? also why do you never let me see them?"

dev hums in response, "i take pictures of all my friends. maybe someday i'll lose my memory and the only thing i have are pictures of you. wouldn't you like to be remembered?"

"you make up the weirdest scenarios."

"you love me though."

"eh. that's debatable."

𝑏𝑙𝑜𝑜𝑚'𝑠 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑑𝑠 𝑜𝑓 𝑤𝑖𝑠𝑑𝑜𝑚
guys, gals, non-binary pals, hello. updating again let's go. dream's song release today ok not bad let's go pop off. story's coming along i am trés excited. thank you for reading <3 have a gr9 day ( ˘ ³˘)♥︎