29 - police

A/N: I've honestly lost all sense of time in this book, so just use your imagination.

Penelope POV

Mama, Momma, and Autumn all got out of the car and I stayed inside with Mommy. They didn't go into the station though. I think they were waiting on me.

"Mommy? What we doin?" I asked looking up at her.

She undid my seatbelt before pulling me into her lap. "Well baby," she started as she ran her hand through my hair. "We need you to be big when you go in there. I know seeing those awful people made you need to  and want to regress, but that girl out there needs your help. That's not a job for little Penny, only big Penny can do that. So do you think you could do that for me?"

I closed my eyes before pressing my face into her neck. I felt her hold me a little tighter as I inhaled her scent to calm me down. I stayed there for a few minutes before looking back at her.

I gave her a confident nod, "Okay mom. I'm ready."

She smiled and kissed my forehead before helping me out of the car.

We walked over to where everyone was waiting. I was already holding mom's hand, so I reached over and grabbed Mari's too. Autumn saw me do that and I gave her a soft smile letting her know it was okay. She smiled back before grabbing ma's hand too.

We walked into the station and I separated myself from moms to walk up to the desk. There was a man sitting at the desk, he looked up at me and gave me a genuine smile, "How can I help you today?" He asked gently.

I smiled back at him. "Is Officer," I turned to look at mom, "Uh do you remember her name?" I asked because I was in too rough of shape to remember.

"Officer Susan Jones." Mom spoke for me and I smiled at her before turning back to the man.

"Is Officer Susan Jones in? She took a report for me awhile back and I need to talk to her again. My name is Penelope Winston." I told him and he gave me a quick head nod before picking up his phone.

"I think she's just about to head out for her shift, but let me see if I can call her before she leaves." He told me before speaking into his phone.

Once he hung up he looked back up at me, "She'll be out in just a minute. Feel free to take a seat." He said pointing to the chairs lined against the wall.

We all sat down, me right next to mom. I think they all kind of knew I needed her at this moment because no one joked about anything.

She held my hand tightly as I rested my head on her shoulder. Soon enough Officer Jones was walking out.

"Penelope?" She asked as she saw me.

I gave her a little wave, "Hi." She gave me a small smile before walking closer to me.

"How are you? Is everything okay?" She asked and I knew I really needed to be big.

"Um everything is fine with me per say. Uh, I met this girl at the park today. Her name is Autumn. She was taken by the same people who hurt me." I told her and her eyes widened.

"Why don't we go settle down in a conference room? Do you want them to come with?" Officer Jones asked pointing to moms.

I nodded my head, "As long as it's okay with Autumn then it's fine by me." I told her and I looked over to Autumn who just nodded her head.

Officer Jones walked us into the conference room and sat down, so Autumn and I sat down across from her and moms took the couch behind Autumn and I.