55 | stay || the end

55 | stay

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

ONE YEAR LATER

"Lu, amor, do you know where I put the spoon I was just using?" I call out to the ten year old boy who is sitting around the island doing homework.

Luis looks up and begins to scan the counters before pushing himself up on the chair and looking into the sink, "¡Lo encontré!" Found it! He exclaims in excitement and grabs it from the sink.

Taking it from him, I wash it off and dip it back into the carton of ice cream I was eating, "Thank you, bebe. Where's papa?"

As I slide the tub over to him, he shrugs and scoops some out, "He's giving Maya a bath."

I nod and grab my phone, "You want take out tonight?"

Since adopting Luis almost a year ago and giving birth to a beautiful baby girl three months ago, we've been a little family - going through the motions and I'm the happiest I've ever been in my life.

It didn't take long for Luis to get adjusted to us and start calling us mama and papa - matter of fact, I cried when he did.

"Yes, please." Matteo's voice draws my attention to the kitchen entrance as he walks in with baby Maya on his hip, "How's la tarea?" He kisses Luis's forehead as he walks past him.

"Hola, mi bebita." I coo to the three month old as she babbles. Damn she smells good. Matteo kisses my cheek and squeezes my ass so Luis can't see.

"I'm almost finished, papa." Luis informs, putting his head back down in his book. Maya, as any daddy's girl is, gets tired of being in my hold and pushes her arms out for Teo to take her back.

"I can't believe you spent nine months in me and come out loving your daddy more." I rumble and kiss her forehead before giving her up. "That's a clear betrayal."

Matteo's wedding ring glimmers under the kitchen light and I can't help the smile that grows on my face at the sight. He sticks his tongue out teasingly.

"Daddy's funnier, isn't he?" Matteo puts on his baby voice and tickles Maya's tummy. She giggles excitedly, probably not having a single clue what he said, "Yes, he is."

"No, he's not." Luis speaks up, mocking Matteo's tone, making me throw my head back and bust out laughing. I go around the other side of the counter and hold Luis's head to my chest in support.

He laughs as I kiss the top of his head repeatedly. Matteo tilts his head with a sassy look on his face. I chuckle, "Look, he's right though."

The night continues until we're sat at the table, Italian food in the center and a jug of homemade sorrel beside it. Luis has been asking for the longest time to make it with me so I decided to indulge him for a night.

I usually only save it for the holidays though but tonight just feels special.

Maya is in her baby seat already munching on the pureed sweet potatoes that she's obsessed with, Luis seated across from her and Matteo seated across from me at the head of the table.

He winks at me as we go to bow our heads and hold hands, Maya's caked with potato. She holds on to my index finger and tries to put it in her mouth but I just laugh and shake my head.

"Can I pray tonight, mama?" Luis questions, almost bouncing out of his seat in excitement.

I nod, "Go ahead, babe."

"Dear Lord, I thank you for blessing me with two amazing parents who have shown me nothing but love and what it means to be in a safe place. Thank you for blessing me with a baby sister, a mama, a papa, and life. Thank you for life. And this food we're about to eat. Amen."

"Amen."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

It's almost midnight when Matteo and I find ourselves laid in bed, our legs entangled and skin to skin.

"Thank you." He whispers, running a hand down my bare arm.

I glance up and squint to try to see him in the darkness, "For what?"

I hear him smirk, "For this beautiful family, princesa. Thank you for choosing me to be tu hombre y tu esposo. Thank you for loving me the way you do and for allowing me to love you the way I do. Thank you for coming to Valencia when you did and coming back with me. Thank you for trusting me enough to stay."

I try not to cry but I know I have a pool of my tears on his chest. Leaning forward, I kiss his lips and pull him as close as I can.

"I love you, Matteo Romano." I whisper against his minty lips.

He holds my face and pulls me even closer, "I love you too, Monique Romano."

thus marks the end of sinbound - it feels unreal omfg

like it feels like i started this book only a couple of weeks ago (which it pretty much was but antyway)

it's just ✨ crazy ✨

thank y'all so much for joining me on matteo and monique's beautiful journey ❤️ y'all don't even understand how much i appreciate all your support - y'all kept me going 😭😭😊😊😊❤️❤️❤️

but now it's time for a new story - tia and reece (my fourth set of bbys)

T H E
E N D