{ 0.6 }

THE THREE SAT in the compartment, munching on different kinds of sweets.
Lily and Harry were already astounded by the way the people of the wizarding world lived, an all they had done was board a train.

It was so very different from how they had grown up. Their 'room', was a cupboard under the stairs, they were treated like vermin in their own household, and they never felt welcome where they lived.

It may have been their house, but it had most certainly never been their home.
For a start, their cousin constantly bothered them, making fun of them, and he was most definitely been part of making their lives hell.

Of course, Petunia had never payed much attention to the two, especially Lily. She barely ever cast a glance at the girl, and it confused Lily, quite a lot.
But, this didn't mean she wasn't extremely rude to the two.

Vernon, however, he was the 'boss' of the household. He was always ordering the Potter's do do things for him, such as make him meals, and more. Things that a fully-grown man should be able to do easily.

It was almost as if he despised the children, which he probably did.
But they thought that since they were his wife's own flesh and blood, the couple may have treated them, at least slightly fairly.

But that was never the case, and it never would be.

"Fred and George, my brothers, they're twins; like you. They taught me a spell to turn him yellow,"
He pulled out his wand.
"Wanna see?" He asked, Lily and Harry nodded vigorously, intrigued.
Before he could begin, a girl their age, with bushy brown hair and brown eyes came to their carriage door.

"Has anyone seen a toad? A boy named Neville's lost one," she asked, before receiving a rather rude 'no' from Ron, although a polite one from Lily.

She smiled at the girl, before turning back to Ron. "Oh, are you doing magic? Let's see then." She raised her brows, Lily doing the same.
Lily was happy there was finally another girl her age, did she had grown up with a twin brother, and a very mean cousin.

"Sunshine Daisy's, Butter Mellow, Turn This Stupid Fat Rat Yellow!" He changed, resulting a small flash to go to the rats head, the Chocolate Frog cardboard wrapper flying off of its head.

Lily giggled slightly.
"Are you sure that's a real spell? Well, it doesn't sound like one, does it?" Hermione started, her eyes roaming over the boy. It was safe to say, she didn't seem to impressed.

"I've tried a few simple spells, but they've all worked for me. For example," she took a seat next to Lily, smiling slightly, which Lily gladly returned.
"Oculus, Reparo." Seconds later, the tape holding Harry's glasses together disappeared, and suddenly his glasses looked brand new.

The Potter's gasped, having never seen magic being practiced like this before.
Harry took off his glasses for a quick moment, examining them.
"Holy cricket! You're Lily, and Harry Potter!" Exclaimed the girl, looking between the two.

"I'm Hermione Granger. And, you are?" She raised her brows, turning to a Ron who had his mouth full of sweets.
"Um- Ron Weasley."

"Pleasure."

Hermione began to get up, when suddenly two boys walked past the door.
One was rather tall, had dark-skin, and was wearing his uniform.
The other was also wearing his uniform, although his top button was undone, and his tie was loose.

He had dark brown hair, almost black, which reached just before his shoulders. He had dark eyes, matching his hair, and was just a few centimetres smaller than his friend.

They were running down the hallway, laughing, before another two boys followed them. One was small, with fair skin and had a strong Irish accent, and the other was slightly taller than him, had dark hair and was slightly chubby, he seemed shy.

The four watched as one of the four boys came running back to their carriage, it was the boy with the dark hair, and the dark mysterious eyes.

"Hi," he said, looking to Lily.
"Uh.. hi?" She looked at the boy, who was smirking slightly, in confusion.
"I'm Tommy. Tommy Lupin." He held his hand out to the girl, walking slightly closer to her. She shook his hand, although she was confused as to why he was only introducing himself to her, and not the others.

"I'm Lily Potter." She gave him a tight lipped smile, before their hands parted, and he introduced himself to the others.
He was surprised, of course. His dad had told him how he was best-friends with James and Lily Potter, along with Peter Pettigrew, and was a bit more than friends with the one and only, Sirius Black.
But he wasn't going to bring that up.
He had just met Harry and Lily Potter, for Merlin's sake, but he couldn't help but keep his eyes on Lily.

She was beautiful.

Her long red hair, her green eyes, her fair skin, the small amount of freckles on her face, her pink lips, and her perfectly shaped nose.

He stood back at the door of the carriage, before Harry decided to strike up a conversation.
"Are you a first year, Tommy?" He asked, which slightly annoyed Lily.

She was already growing irritated with the boy, he just annoyed her.
So; she didn't like him very much.
Like, at all.

"Yeh, I'm guessing you are too?" Tommy smiled, looking over to Lily every few seconds, to see her looking out of the window.

"Yeh, we all are." Harry answered, looking around the carriage, at his sister, his new-found redhead friend, and Hermione. He wasn't sure what to call her. An acquaintance?

Tommy was about to say something else, but his slightly smaller friend, the Irish boy, ran over to him, slightly out of breath.

"Come on mate, we've got Bertie Bott's!
And I really want Dean to get the vomit flavour, he's annoying me." He laughed, before Tommy stifled a laugh, too.

"Alright, well it was nice meeting you," he looked around the carriage, before smirking at Lily.
"Goodbye, Lilyflower." He said, but before he could leave, Lily looked at him, confused. "Lilyflower?" She asked, slightly annoyed at the boy.

He simply shrugged his shoulders, before running off after his friend.
She huffed, before grabbing some Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans, and tossing one into her mouth.

"Ugh! Vomit Flavour!" She made a disgusted face, before swallowing it, complete distaste etched on her face.

Ron and Harry shared a smirk, before returning to their previous conversation.

A/n: Hey! This is the rest of the train ride, it's already over 1,200 words, and I didn't want to make it too long. I hope you like it the story so far.
Also, if you want an image of Tommy in your head, just think of a mixture of young Remus and Sirius. I like to imagine Ben Barnes and Andrew Garfield - but you do you I guess 🕺🏼
Ily!
-Sophie