42 - tension

CW: mature content, smut
-

When Athena awoke in her bed the next morning, she was in an uncomfortable amount of pain. Her core ached miserably and when she climbed out of bed, it was with great difficulty.

Hermione gave her a curious look when she failed to suppress a wince as she stretched out her limbs, but luckily did not ask any questions.

The events from the night before, obsessed her mind. It had been the last thing she thought of before falling into sleep and the first thing when her brain regained consciousness.

The exchange appeared to her like a time bomb. As if it had been bound to happen eventually, and every second leading to it, there was a ticking in her subconscious, reminding her that she would eventually cave in.

She could not stop thinking about him.

His hair, his face, his eyes, his lips, his hands, even his smell. The thoughts wouldn't cease and they confused her, creating havoc in her mind.

When thinking back to what happened, she knew it was wrong, so entirely wrong. And she certainly did not want to feel this way about him. She had tried everything she could to prevent it. But it seemed truly impossible to simply forget him.

He was a glowing torch, roused with desire and she was foolish enough to be burned by him. She craved him, more than she'd ever craved anyone in her life.

Athena still refused to submit herself to the growing feelings which devoured and enthralled her beyond reason. They would not prevail, they couldn't.

The worst part of it all was that she didn't regret they're intimacy. In fact, she longed for it to happen again. But there was no precognition for what would happen from this point forwards. Should she avoid him? That was certainly an unrealistic solution.

During breakfast that morning, Athena discreetly scanned the Great Hall for Draco but he was nowhere to be found. She couldn't help experience a slight disappointment but tried to ignore the feelings.

The peremtonic she had taken as soon as she got back to her dormitory last night, made her feel erratic. Her moods were all over the place, but apparently this meant it was taking effect. Maeve had informed her that mood swings were one of the side effects, and luckily they didn't last very long.

Hermione, Harry, Athena and Ron were sat with the rest of the Weasleys, all enjoying the food which had been set out for breakfast.

Ron had been released from the hospital wing a week prior, and was disheartened by Lavender's newfound disgust for him. She glared at him whenever they passed each other, but remained pleasant to Athena, throwing her a smile whenever she saw her.

The seven of them were speaking of the next Quidditch game and how they would have to win against Ravenclaw in order to have a chance of winning the Quidditch Cup. They were much more confident in the matter now that Ron was back in full health.

Athena listened intently while spreading some butter on her second crumpet of the morning, until her attention from the discussion was completely swayed.

Her heart palpitated at the sight of Draco entering the Great Hall between Blaise and Theo. He did not see her, only fixated on the Slytherin table. The three of them sat beside Pansy and Daphne, as well as a few others and begun digging into the food.

Athena tore her gaze away and realised she had stopped her actions. She quickly resumed spreading the crumpet before anyone could take notice. Ginny asked her a question surrounding Quidditch, which snapped her out of her distracted state and she answered normally.