Belphie- Stargazing

(Requested by liquid_beepers223)

You and Belphie loved to look at the stars in the planetarium, but you also really liked to go outside and lie down, side by side, gazing at the stars in the always dark sky of the Devildom. It was always so peaceful to hang around him.

A lot of the time, though, he would fall asleep without you noticing, but every now and then, he would instinctively grab your arm and snuggle up to you while he was sleeping. You found it adorable when this happened, but you had to half- carry, half- walk him back inside and to his bed.

This was another time that this had happened, and you, not surprised by the drowsy demon falling asleep, did this once again. Satan was sitting on the couch, and peeked over his book, then looking back down at the words, his eyes moving from one side to another, as if he hadn't seen.

If you hadn't known Belphie, you probably wouldn't have done this for him, but you were best friends. If only you could be more. But you knew Belphie was probably asleep so much, he was incapable of developing feelings for much of anyone, even you.''''''

He falls asleep again, and you don't want to wake him up, so you set him down, crouch to his level, and scoop him up in your arms. You carry him to his room, doing your best not to drop him, but he was so heavy.

You finally get to his room, and thankfully, the door is open. You place him on his bed, and turn around to leave. You get to the door before hearing Belphie speak weakly. "(Y/N)...Don't leave, I'm cold."

You look over at him, not sure you actually heard what you thought he said. Did he actually tell you to stay? You walk over to the side of his bed, and put your hand on his shoulder. He moves his hands around in the darkness and eventually grabs onto you and pulls you down into the bed with him.

He pulls you close and mutters his next words. "I want you to stay right here with me." He shudders, probably from the lack of heat. He pulls the blanket over you both and he spoons you. You feel your face heat up, your head resting on his chest. Eventually, though, you find comfort in this and fall asleep.

You wake up, your face pressed into a warm, soft figure. At first, you almost freak out because you don't remember sleeping with anyone the night before, but the events from yesterday begin to come back to you, and you are put at ease.

Belphie was surprisingly comfortable. You adjust your head slightly and hear his heartbeat. It was faint, but quick. You lay there for a few moments, but when you can't get back to sleep, you get up. 

You hear a couple of the other brothers moving around in the house. You figured it was probably a reasonable time to be awake, how very wrong you were. Satan again looks up from his book. He doesn't seem to have gotten a different book or even moved from the couch.

"(Y/N), you're up late. You should probably get some sleep." You ignore his suggestion. "What time is it?" Your voice was croaky. "It's around midnight." You really had thought it was day. It didn't really matter to you, though.

"I woke up, and I can't seem to fall asleep again." Satan puts a bookmark in his book and sets it down. "We can talk if you like." You rub your eyes. "No, thank you for the offer though." You look at Mammon, who was staring at you. He quickly looks away as soon as your glance fixes itself on him.

He looks back at you. "Ya need more sleep. Yer a human, not a demon, so ya can't just stay up all night and expect to be fine." You shake your head. "Didn't I just say I couldn't?" He makes a face that looks like he's concentrating really hard on something.

"I don't remember you saying anything like that." You let out an exasperated sigh. "You have the attention span of a tumbleweed, Mammon." You say. He crosses his arms. "I do not." He says, but he's not shouting. 

It was kind of odd that he wasn't screaming at you, but maybe he was trying to avoid trouble with Lucifer. You were surprised he had enough sense to keep his voice calm after that insult. Maybe he has learned something since you got here.

Suddenly, you feel a pair of arms wrap around you from behind. You feel your feet leaving the ground, and someone begins to carry you away. You already know it's Belphie, you don't even have to think about it.

He sets you down on his bed, and wraps his arms around you again. "It made me sad not seeing you there when I woke up." He says sadly. "Go back to bed with me." He leans back a bit, resting his head on a pillow, and pulling you down with him.

You don't protest, and you feel like now is the time to tell him. "Belphie, I know you probably don't feel the same, but I love you." You feel his arms tighten around you slightly. "I don't know why you'd assume I didn't, I've always loved you." You look up at his face and smile.

You both chuckle and stare at each other for a moment. He leans in, but before anything else can happen, Asmo opens the door.

"So, when are you two getting married?" He asks excitedly. You can only think of one response. "Asmo, you prick, don't eavesdrop, and get out." He giggles like a schoolgirl. "Well, I won't promise I won't eavesdrop when things go further!~" He says before leaving.

You both just stared at the wall. You did not need to think about that.