Chapter 23

Lisa's P.O.V

Unlike the match between Taeil and Seulgi where they both waited and were cautious of each other's moves, Tzuyu and I immediately hit each other with our best blasts.

I felt a huge amount of heat coming my way as I was barely able to dodge it. A part of my pants burned from the heat of her attack as I immediately froze it in case it burned my skin and scarred it.

I looked over to see Tzuyu almost done melting the ice that was surrounding her left shoulder. Her palm was surrounded by a light orange aura, most likely some heat she was releasing. She placed it on top of the ice and circled it until it melted almost instantly.

We both made eye contact again before I raised my hands and smashed them down, palm first, onto the ground.

Ice glaciers grew up from the land beneath us as they made their way over to my opponent. Its height and strength increased as it moved on and on towards her. The tips of the glaciers were sharp and pointed, meaning that if they hit Tzuyu she'd for sure be stuck and injured.

"Wall of flames!" Tzuyu yelled as she raised a huge wall of barely visible orange coloured heat that reached from both the edges of the arena. Rather than it being actual fire it just looked like an orange coloured glass wall.

Her wall easily broke my ice in half as I tried to catch my breath. Barely a minute in and I'm already tired by the amount of energy I'm using. Maybe I shouldn't have directly used one of my best moves right at the start of the match. But fortunately, I wasn't the only tired since I looked ahead to see Tzuyu catching her breath as well.

The MC was continuously talking on the mic, explaining what was going on. People were cheering, I saw banners and cameras up as I felt something get stuck in my throat. I'm not used to so much attention, but weirdly I sort of liked it.

Having all those eyes on me and seeing all the admiration they had for me was motivating me to do so much better. I gulped down my spit and cracked my neck before getting back into my protective stance.

"Well, I guess now I can start with my less tiring attacks," I mumbled to myself quietly.

I used my super-speed and moved almost right behind her, trying to go for a surprise attack. Unfortunately, she was expecting my move and was able to move to the side almost instantly.

Even though my surprise failed I still went on with my plan. I released a small spiky ball of hard ice into her direction, hoping it would at least slow her down. She ducked down quickly and the ice hit the wall behind her, smashing into pieces as the sound pierced through the loud stadium.

Not a second later I saw her making some weird hand signs. But they were so quick that anyone who would be standing a few feet behind me would have missed it.

She took in a huge amount of air and I already knew what she was doing next. I formed a solid ice shield on my left arm and lifted it to cover my body just in time. Huge flames of fire shot out of her mouth as she exhaled.

This went on for a while, us trying to get the other hit at least once. Not only had Tzuyu gotten stronger but she had learned better control of her powers too. Her precision was super impressive, almost as good as Jennie's.

Five full minutes had already passed by and we both were fully out of breath and had scratches and minor bruises all over our bodies, but nothing too serious our medical team couldn't heal.

I was on the ground, sitting bent legged as I took in deep breathes of air. I heard the MC talking on the mic still. We're not even doing anything, what's he going on about?