Chapter 9- Eret's Place

If someone had told me a month ago that not only would my Twitch go from twenty regular viewers to 100,000 viewers at least, I'd be a member of a revolution on the Dream SMP, AND I'd be dating both Tommyinnit and Tubbo_; I'd have thought they were nutso. I also thought I was losing it when Eret asked me to come over for a few days when I was visiting family in LA. "Not cool to mess with me like this, Alastair." I grumbled.

"I'm serious! Ask your parents, I'll take you to Disneyland, we can collab, we could even try that cottagecore video you were thinking about making!" He chuckled.

I was already in LA for a week before he called, so I figured I could take a break from my grandma and all my uncles for a bit. By some miracle, my parents agreed to let me stay at Eret's place as long as they checked both him and his home out to make sure he wasn't a drug dealer trying to kidnap me.

The next day, I grabbed my Ravenclaw Loungefly and one of my smaller suitcases that I had already packed up. My dad drove the three of us to Eret's address, I grinned the whole way there. We finally pulled up to his house to see him standing on the front porch. I bolted out of the car, "Eret!" I squealed happily.

"Hey Nyxie!" He shouted back. I practically tackled him in a hug. "Happy to see me, huh?" He chuckled.

"Oh, shut up. Not like you weren't prepared for this, I threatened you with violent hugging like two days into this friendship." I said, punching him lightly in the arm.

"You're Eret?" My mom asked, looking him over.

"Yes ma'am, you can call me Alastair if you prefer, though. Welcome to my home!" He replied warmly, leading us inside.

"You live here by yourself?" My dad asked him skeptically.

"Yes sir. Turns out, Twitch can pay quite well if you're as fortunate as I've been." He replied, sitting down in the living room where he'd already set up some lemonade and snacks.

"You're really trying hard here, huh?" I whispered to him, which he replied to by elbowing me in the ribs.

"So, Alastair, why exactly would a twenty-something man want our daughter to stay at his home for a while?" My mom asked suspiciously.

"Well, (y/n) and I have been friends for a while now and I would love a chance to spend as much time hanging out with her and making content for our channels if you would allow it. That's all. I have an extra room she can stay in, my older set up she can use to stream or produce content while she's here, anything she might need." He replied confidently.

"Please, guys? I'll call every night, I'll keep my phone on so you can contact me whenever, anything!" I begged my parents. After a bit more interrogation, they agreed and left me with Eret.

"They're pretty protective if you can't tell." I apologized after Eret had brought his old setup to the living room to his recording room to help me set up what I'd need to stream later.

"Nah, it's not exactly unreasonable. They don't know me and I did kind of ask yesterday." He replied. We had decided we were gonna stream us reacting to Dream SMP animatics and memes, since that was most of what Eret did anyways. He finished setting up and we posted selfies of us on Twitter and Instagram so people would know I was hanging out with Eret. We spent most of the day streaming and hanging out.

~~~

Alastair made the mistake of telling me he had gotten us tickets to Disneyland the night before, which lead me to wake up at 5:30AM to put on my Vanellope Disneybound, go through Eret's closet to pull together a Ralph Disneybound for him, and make sure my vlog cam and extra batteries were ready. Around 6:00, I woke Alastair by yeeting my tiny body on his bed.