Chapter One Hundred and Thirteen

"If we have to clean one more room I swear to Merlin I'm going to stage a coup"
I raised my eyebrow at Lee, unable to reply due to the food stuffed in my mouth.
"Coup?" George asked, "What's a coup?"
"A robbery of power from authority" he grunted, frowning at his vegetables, "Mad Eye terrifies me so I bugsy not me taking out the guy"
"You do realise that talking about a coup, while at a table of the people you want to hold a coup against isn't even relatively smart?" I huffed.
Fred jostled me amicably, "Unless he wants to recruit them as well - though I doubt my mum would go for it"
"You'd be more likely to convince a troll to learn muggle politics"
The three of us stared at George, speechless, before dissolving into laughter.
"What?"
"Nothing Mrs Weasley!"

"Emily, I found those healer books you asked me for" Sirius said, tapping the books in his hand as he leant against the doorframe, "You got a minute?"
I paused, walking towards him a second later "I - yeah. Thank you"
"You do realise it's the holidays? Take a break Granger" Fred teased, ruffling my hair as I walked past.
"Shove off" I sniggered, pushing past him lightly, following Sirius into the next room over.
"Healing, huh? Impressive ruse, pads"
He shivered, "it's weird when you call me that. Makes me feel like I should be a dog" before slapping my arm with one of the books, "and we needed a cover story, missy. You being a giant nerd just helped a bit"
"So hit me with it, what are the tips and tricks"
Sirius just shook his head, taking a few sheets of paper out from the middle of the two books.
"These" he shakes them lightly, "are the base preparations you need for the process"
I stared at him, mouth slightly agape, collapsing into the chair by the desk, "base? preparations?"
"The list of ingredients you'll need, the overview of the process and the mindfulness techniques you need to prefect for the actual transformation"
"Don't say I have to meditate"
He levelled me with a look.
"Shit" I huffed, burying my head into folded arms.

"Hey! It's important!" He laughed, "you don't want to get stuck mid transformation and become a human-animagus hybrid do you? Especially when you're not telling anyone you're becoming one in the first place""Stop making sense" I mumbled, voice muf...

"Stop making sense" I mumbled, voice muffled by my arms.
He smacked the top of my head with the paper, laughing again, "You'll need to promise me that you'll get the mindfulness down before attempting the mandrake leaf part of the method, got it?"
"Yeah, yeah. Do the hippie shit"
"Hey. I mean it" he said, voice suddenly more stern, "You need to get this right. If you don't it's like being splinched, but instead of missing body parts you get them replaced by a random animal. Freaky shit"
I sat up straight in my seat, nodding, "Okay. Mindfulness. Will do"
He handed me the pages, "I'll get you the final method before you go back to school. Until then, practice the visualisation steps on here and do as much research as you need to be comfortable"
"Sounding like a professor there, Padfoot. Be careful, you might start to sound your age"

Remus' muted chuckle sounded from behind us, "That'll be the day"
"Moony! I, uh -"
"It's ok Si. I'm sure you trust her to know what she's doing"
"I'm taking it very seriously, I promise" I replied, nodding.
He smiled, turning to Sirius and tucking a lock of hair behind his ear, "She wasn't wrong you know. Teaching would suit you"
At the sight of Sirius' rising blush, I stood up from my seat, gesturing towards the door, "I should be getting back to the boys -"
"Yes, of course"
"If you have any questions -"
"Let you know, I got it professor"
As I left the room, I could hear Sirius' and Remus' laughter following me down the corridor, all the while folding the paper and placing it in my pocket.
"Professor Black" Remus said, sounding thoughtful.
"That's wrong" Sirius countered breezily, voice getting quieter, "though I guess it would confuse the kids if we -"

"Emily, there you are!"
Concentration lost, I missed the end of his sentence, their voices now too far to hear.
"Lee? You ok?"
He sighed, "The twins have started an argument over who's the most attractive again. Fred said I was biased so kicked me out of the room"
"Again? How are they not tired of this by now?"
Lee just shrugged, patting the step next to him, "Remind me why we love these idiots?"
"Cos they're pretty?"
"True. Funny?"
"Also true"
The two of us exchanged a look, smiles breaking out on our faces.
"Cos they're our idiots"
"Sounds about right"