Chapter 4: Go Big or Go Home

The three arrived at Alaric's apartment. The history teacher unlocked the door and opened it.

He leaned against the wall, crossing his arms.

"Look who's dumb enough to come back." Katherine commented.

Alaric replied, "Well, somebody had to invite him in."

He turned his head to the side. "Damon. Would you like to, uh, come in?"

Percy waved at the doppelgänger. The vampire simply sent her a small smile.

Damon entered the apartment. Katherine spoke up, "Are you trying to get me killed?"

The Salvatore slammed her against the wall. "I gave you vervain. Now I'm here to collect. I got it from here, guys."

"Are you sure?" Percy and Ric responded at the same time. Then, they gave each other suspicious glances.

Damon responded, "Yeah, only one of us needs to get blamed for this. Get back in the house. Keep Elena from handing herself over."

The demigod nodded, "Okay, but text me when you get the location."

Damon nodded and kept his eyes on Katherine.

Percy and Alaric left the apartment. When they reached the Salvatore Boarding house, they discovered Elena was no where to be found.

The demigod received a text from Damon, informing her that Tyler and Caroline were in the tombs.

Percy walked through the woods, trying to find the kidnapped teenagers. She voyaged farther into the mass of trees, until she sensed a presence nearby. Spinning around, Percy spotted a tall man with short hair five feet away from her.

"Which one are you trying to save? The blonde, or the werewolf?" The man questioned her.

Percy replied, "Both. Go big or go home, right?"

The guy didn't seem impressed. "Did you really think Klaus would leave them unprotected?"

"I don't see any protection," the demigod said sassily.

The guy glared at her. A moment later, the demigod was sent flying backwards. Magic.

He walked towards her.

Wrong move.

The demigod rushed forward and kicked him into a tree. The witch groaned. He looked like he was about to use magic on her again. Before he could, however, she tackled him to the ground.

When the two collided with the ground, a loud snap could be heard. The witch raised his hands and she went flying back again.

"Is that all you got?" She challenged.

Something sped by her and attacked the witch. The green eyed girl, recognized the figure as Damon.

Percy pushed herself off the ground, only to feel a sharp pain in her ankle. She looked down and realized she might have fractured it.

"Schist," she cursed.

Her eyes shot back up at the sound of a gunshot. Percy saw Matt standing there with a weapon and the witch on the ground.

Damon sped forward and snapped the witch's neck for good measure.

The raven haired beauty greeted the human. "Hey Matty."

The older Salvatore's eyebrows furrowed. "What are you doing here?"

"Where's Caroline?" The boy asked, wanting to save his girlfriend.