Thirty Two

"you deserve a life full of happiness and positivity

"you deserve a life full of happiness and positivity."
---

"So, what happened afterward? Did you guys go home and fuck? Give me the details Alexis!" Willow said while raising her voice. I hit her shoulder trying to shut her up. We are in the library for our third period, and I just told Willow about what happened between Kayden and me. "Well sorry, I want to know what happened with my best friend and the love of her life." Willow scoffed.

Winter break ended so we are back at school, and this was the only time I got to see Willow in person since she and I have been busy during the break.

Our break was only a week which sucked but Wes, Isabelle, and I all had dinner and Johnathon even came home for the break which I know Wes was happy about. 'Johnathon was even happy to see me but I saw the sympathetic look in his eyes remembering what happened last time I was here.

"Kayden is not the love of my life. It was just a kiss, Willow."

"You are such a liar. Kayden is definitely your love. Just the way he looks at you says it all. He looks at you like his whole world and that you are the only thing that matters."

"I thought you hated Kayden?" I furrowed my eyebrows at her.

"Hated. Past tense. He has redeemed himself for not being an asshole. I like him now and I approve of your guy's relationship." Willow said with a wide smile.

"We aren't even together Willow. It was a kiss. Nothing more." I said with a little laugh.

"It will turn into something more."

The only boyfriend I have ever had was a jerk. Right, when I gave him my virginity, he left me, and I couldn't trust myself with another guy again.

But with Kayden, it's so natural and it feels right.

But this kiss I had with Kayden felt like a shock wave. It made my hormones go crazy and it was only just a simple kiss.

The bell rings making Willow and I pack up our things and leave the library. We walk towards our table that was outside.

We see Ethan, Mathew, and Ben already there. Ethan and Mathew were pushing each other around while Ben was laughing at them.

"Hello, ladies," Ethan said with a wink.

Willow and I take our seats at the table. She sits next to Ethan and Ben. I sit across from her next to Mathew.

"Where are the others?" Willow asked.

"Grayson isn't there today because he has to go visit his family with Melody," Mathew stated.

"And Kayden?" I asked.

Then I feel arms around my waist. "Right here, angel," Kayden whispered in my ear making my face beat up a little bit.

Kayden took his seat next to me.

"Aren't they adorable?" Ethan said while looking at me and Kayden. I kick his foot under the table, and he winces. "Ow! There's no need for the violence missy."

"You are the one who hits Mathew on the back of the head every day so don't say I am the violent one," I argued.

"You kick me in the shins!" Ethan yelled while pointing at his foot.

"God, you guys are like five-year-old," Ben chuckled.

"I bet Elijah and Melody behave better than you," I stated. "Elijah is a sweetheart and he would never hurt a soul but you Ethan Drake are a very violent person," I stated.

Ethan looked at Kayden. "Kayden who are you going to side one with this one? I think your girlfriend has a problem with accusing people."

I feel my cheeks heat up a little.

God, why does everyone think that?

"You're such an ass Ethan," Kayden stated.

"Oh, I have a joke for you today," Ethan stated looking at me.

"Shoot," I said with a small smile on my face.

"I may not go down in history, but I will go down on you," Ethan asked with a smirk.

I chuckled and so does Mathew.

"That is stupid." Willow deadpanned.

"You have had better jokes E." I laughed.

"Fine how about I be straight and say if you're feeling down, I can feel you up."

I rolled my eyes at him playfully before getting my backpack that was around my shoulder and I take out my book and open it.

It was once again another poetry book.

Reading poetry makes me feel closer to my mother. I feel like she is reading it to me as I read it. I feel safe when reading poetry because I feel like she is right next to me while I am reading it.

"Read me one."

I look at Kayden and see him staring down at me with a soft look.

I look down at the book in my hand. "A glimpse through an interstice caught, Of a crowd of workmen and drivers in a bar-room around the stove late of a winter night, and I unremarked seated in a corner, Of a youth who loves me and whom I love, silently approaching and seating himself near, that he may hold me by the hand, A long while amid the noises of coming and going, of drinking and oath and smutty jest, There we two, content, happy in being together, speaking little, perhaps not a word..." I finished and then looked up at Kayden only to see him still looking at me.

"What do you think it means?" He asked.

"I think it has to do with teen love. Teen love is like the honeymoon stage of a relationship which lasts a long time for some people."

"You're a nerd you know that?" Kayden chuckled.

I look at him and glare. "What makes me a nerd? Because I like to read?"

Kayden laughed. "Your cute when you get offended." He whispered making my cheeks turn red most likely.

I look away from him and look back at my book so that he couldn't see my red face.

God, why am I acting like this around him?

I'm never like this.

I remember telling myself I wasn't here for boys, but I can't seem to stop whatever I am feeling for Kayden.