A Chicago Love Story (Part 40)

*The appointment has been done and the results was mailed to the store that makes everything. Lai's family is up in Chicago for the party and it's 1 day until the party starts. Von's birthday is gonna be on the day of the gender reveal party too*

I got up and went in Mani's room then I said "So what's goin on wit everything?" Mani: "We gon need to set some stuff up today and finish tomorrow. Imma get Nique, Durk and some of they family to help. You not gon be movin anything." Me: "What? Why not? I can help." Mani: "You preggent." I rolled my eyes and she said "Did you tell Von about the party?" Me: "Not yet.. Imma tell him it's tomorrow then I gotta get him some stuff for his birthday." Mani: "Good." Nique came in her room and his eyes was red and low then he said "Nigga... I just realized if Lai's pregnant, dat means she been gettin dat meat" Mani: "Go sit down somewhere" Nique looked at me and started laughing then he said "You nasty." I shook my head and Mani said "Go get Von up then we can go to y'all's house and get some stuff set up." I went in my room and started shaking Von to wake him up. He stretched and stared at me then he said "Wassup ma." Me: "Wake uppp" Von: "I'm up bruh." Me: "Guess what." Von: "What?" Me: "We get to find out the gender tomorrow" Von: "Fr? On my birthday??" Me: "Mhm." He sat up and gave me a hug that squeezed the life outta me. Von: "Damn shawty you got me all excited and shit. A nigga gon be cheesin all day" Me: "We gotta go to the house and set up some stuff. Mani gon be in charge I guess cus she don't want me doing anything" Von: "Ight." Mani came in and said "Y'all needa get ready cus we boutta leave" Von: "Gimme bout 5 minutes." She closed the door and Von got up and put a tank top on. He threw on some basketball shorts then put on some tennis shoes and picked up his slides. Von: "Carry dese fa me." Me: "Okay." We went in Mani's room and Nique was in there staring at the ceiling. Me: "Where Mani?" Nique: "Downstairs." Me: "Come on we boutta leave" He sat up and said "Nigga I'm tweakin" We walked downstairs and Mani was otp wit Durk. Mani: "Okay imma get them to show us. You almost there? Ight ight gimme a lil bit of time. Okay bye" She hung up and said "Yall needa show me where da house at." Me: "Ight Von can take us"  We got in the car and went to the house Nique said "Damnnn dis you?" Me: "Yeah." Von: "It's empty onna inside" Nique: "Bet I wanna go see." I got out and unlocked the front door and cut some lights on. Mani: "Aww it's so nice in here." Nique: "It's so much room. What's upstairs." Me: "2 bedrooms and a bathroom." Mani: "Y'all got a nice lil back yard. Dis gon be perfect for the party." We heard a horn honking outside then she said "Ouu that's prolly Durk and allem." She walked outside and Nique said "Dis bitch think she da boss man 😂" A few minutes later Durk came in with Loc, Doodie, DaeDae and some more of Von's family. They had white plastic tables and some metal chairs. Durk: "Aye we got more chairs and stuff inna back of da truck" Mani: "Ight just put it all right here for now then we can set up everything." I pulled her to the side and said "I still gotta get Von some stuff for his birthday.." Mani: "Okay, just go and come back later." Me: "I need somebody to take me..." Mani: "Call Q and Maurice. They been talking bout hangin out for a minute." Me: "Okay..." Mani: "Be safe luv you" She gave me a hug then I went over to Von and nem and said "Aye imma go hang out wit Q for a lil bit. Imma be back in a cuppa hours" Von: "Ight ma be careful" I gave him a kiss and he pulled me back and kissed me even longer. Doodie: "We don't needa see how dat baby got here mane 🤣" Von: "Shut up" Loc: "Man I'm tryna find out da gender. Silk gon be a broke mf" Me: "Right 😭" I went outside and called Q and he picked up instantly. Q: "Heyyy" Me: "Hi can you come get me?" Q: "Fasho wya?" I sent him the location and he said "Ight imma be there in bout 20 minutes. Maurice gon be wimme too, is dat okay?" Me: "Yeah ion mind" Q: "Ight jus gimme a lil bit and we'll be down" I hung up and went back inside. Mani was telling everybody where to set up tables and chairs then she opened the sliding door that led into the backyard and said "Y'all bring some of them tables out and just sit em up against the wall." I sat down and Nique was in the kitchen munching on chips. Me: "Where you get dem at?" Nique: "Von threw em at me so I ate em." Me: "Gimme sum." Mani came over and said "Nique go help. I thought you was leaving." Me: "They otw" Nique: "What I gotta help for?" Mani: "Cus they need it. Yo ass don't needa be in here smackin on these damn chips anyways" She snatched the bag out his hands and he sucked his teeth and walked in the living room. Nique: "I'm da older sibling, I shouldn't be gettin talked to like dis. Respect yo elders Imani." Mani pointed at the door and he walked out. Mani: "Dat nigga irk my nerves." Me: "Ughhhhh I'm so excited for tomorrow" Mani: "Me too I can't wait. I'm actually starting to think issa girl." Me: "Yeah atp I think dat too" I heard a horn honking outside then I said "Oh dats prolly them. I'll be back soon" I walked out and Maurice was getting out of the car to let me in the front seat. Me: "I'm fine sitting inna back." Maurice: "Uhnt uhn" I got in the front and Q said "Awww look at yo lil baby bump. She needa hurry tf up and pop out" Me: "We'll find out if issa girl tomorrow 😭" Maurice: "We've spoken it into existence" Q: "Where we goin?" Me: "I gotta get Von some stuff for his birthday." Q: "When is his birthday?" Me: "Tomorrow." Maurice: "Aww yall did the reveal on his birthday? Dats cutee" Q: "I already know what else finna go down." Maurice started laughing then they started singing "Birthday Sex" by Jeremih. Me: "Y'all messy asf 😂" Q: "Where we finna go?" Me: "Imma go to Foot Locker and get him some shoes and stuff and prolly a cuppa outfits. I'm gon get some stuff outta Walmart to wrap em up, get him some snacks den a card." Maurice: "Aww y'all just too cute"