CHAPTER TEN

MATTHEO RIDDLE IS yasmineamaro . CALANTHA, NICCOLÒ, AND KASSANDRA ARE MINE. ALL OTHERS UNLESS MENTIONED ARE JK R*WLINGS.

+++

T R I G G E R
W A R N I N G

BLOOD , SWEARING, ED ( ANOREXIA NERVOSA ) BUT NOT HEAVILY, VIOLENCE

+++

+++

T E N

HE was being a dick. Ever since the incident in the hallway I had stayed away from him. He opened up to me, and then days later he treated me once again, like rubbish. I was sick of it, his mood swings, his attitude, his behavior, all of it, I was sick of absolutely all of it. I didn't even have the mindset to want to keep it going anymore, whatever strange flutter there was that had occurred between the two of us, whatever it was that made me fall asleep in his arms, I need not cared for it anymore, because it was all said and done; I wanted no more than to stay as far away from him as possible.

"Are you really just going to mope around all day? Seriously, what's happened with you?" Niccolò shut the door behind him and leaned against the wood, staring at me with his posterous chin pointed up toward the ceiling. I huffed and threw my back into the sheets of my bed, feeling my body slowly sink into the thick mattress, shutting my eyes. "Nothing, I'm fine."

"Is it the fight you had with Mattheo?"

My eyes fixed open and I darted upward, sitting up in the bed with my eyes plastered on the smirk that Niccolò had on his clear face. He raised an eyebrow and walked to my desk, leaning against the edge of it, curling his fingers under the table. "Come on, you didn't think he wouldn't tell me, did you?"

"Why would he tell you?"

"Because, Calantha, he tells me things," he shook his head and looked near the mirror on the wall. "Besides, it's obvious that whatever is wrong with you is because of him."

"Why do you say that?"

"Merlin, Calantha," he rolled his eyes. "Because, I'm going to tell you the same thing I told him--there's something going on between the two of you, everyone can see it."

I laughed, shaking my head. "I don't know what you're talking about."

He laughed and I frowned, furrowing my eyebrows as I got up and walked over to Kassandra's bed, pulling back her covers and laying under the green satin sheets, feeling the warmth of her bed overcome me. "Why are you laughing?" I murmured, bringing the covers to cover my mouth, tucking my hands under my chin.