56

A/N: The reason i stopped updating my books was because i lost interest. Uploading felt like a chore more than it felt like fun, like something i loved to do. If you've been following me for a while, you know i'd upload multiple chapters a day for you. And i'd write every day, all the time but i just lost touch with my love for writing and TWD but it's coming back. I'm sorry i was gone for so long. I'm gonna try to upload more. 

To recap; this chapter starts off after the meeting in Alexandria when the community was trying to decide whether Rick's group stays or leaves, Pete showed up to the group with the Katana against her neck. (S5 EP 16)

This chapter mostly focuses on the aftermath of the aftermath of the night. I apologize if this is shit, i'm getting back into it haha

Word Count: 1371

~Aurora's Pov~

"Rory?" Carl called out from the other side of my bedroom door. "Hold on," I called out, slipping on a shirt quickly. I just got out of the shower, I must have been in there for an hour getting Pete's blood out of my hair and skin. I rubbed so hard my skin turned red. Even after being in the shower for so long and i was clean, it didn't feel like it.

Once I got fully dressed, I walked over to the door and opened it to reveal Carl with a worried expression plastered on his face. "I'm fine." I reassured. Carl's eyes left mine and his gaze bounced from the cut on my neck from Michonne's Katana and the forming bruise on my cheek from the hit. He still didn't speak, he just kept looking at the damage. "Carl." I finally spoke out, breaking his focus. He took a step forward and hugged me. I hugged him back and rested my head on his shoulder, he did the same.

"I'm okay." I repeated, rubbing his back slightly. "Dad told me what happened. Why is he bloody? Are you okay?" He asked as we pulled away. "Walker blood, one got in." I explained as his eyes started trailing down to the gut again. "I said I'm fine, just forget about it." I said. He looked back at me, "Forget about it? He could've killed you Aurora." He said getting angry at the comment I just made. "He's dead. I just wanna forget about it, it's over." I said. He shook his head, "It is but you could've died." He repeated. "Yeah but I didn't. Don't get mad.. I'm okay." I said moving some wet strands of hair out of my face. He walked out of my room and i sighed through my nose, walking back to my bed. I got on and laid down, looking up at the ceiling, putting my hands on my stomach.

I needed to go see Oliver. Maggie might have told him about what happened at the meeting. I heard footsteps again and I pushed myself up, Carl came back with a few things in his hands. A bandage, a bottle of Hydrogen Peroxide and some cotton balls. I got up and grabbed my shoes, slipping them on quickly. "I cleaned it alre-" "Do it again." He cut me off sitting down next to me on the bed. I sighed and looked over to him again, "It can get infected. You're bleeding again." He said as he put some liquid on the cotton ball then dabbed it on my cut.

"Where are you going?" He asked. "To see Oliver and Maggie." I replied. "They're at the med building.." he spoke out hesitantly. I looked at him again, "Why are they there? No one else got hurt. He knows i'm here right?" I asked as he finished cleaning up the cut. "I told him, but they're there because Glenn showed up hurt. I don't know what happened-" He grabbed a bandage and put it over the cut. "-But he looked pretty bad. So did Nicholas." He said. "What? Is Glenn okay?" I asked. "I don't know, When I got there they were cleaning him up. Do you want me to go with you?" He asked. I shook my head, "Make sure Dad's okay.. He's not acting like himself. Someone needs to be here with him." I said looking at him. He nodded, "Alright." he said, "Thanks." I said as we left my room. I headed downstairs and he went to his room.

"Where are you goin'?" My dad asked as I reached the bottom of the stairs. "Carl said Glenn was hurt. I'm gonna go see him." I said walking up to him. "What?" He asked, confused. "We don't know what happened, I'm gonna go see him. I'll let you know what I find out." I said, I heard a plate being set down and I took a few more steps, peeking in the kitchen to see Daryl and another man sitting across from him. My eyes locked with the man and we just looked at each other. He looked so familiar but I couldn't put my finger on it. "Aurora." he spoke out. I furrowed my eyebrows a bit looking over at my dad. He nodded slightly and I looked back at the man, remembering who he was. I haven't seen him in years. He was the one who saved my dad when this all started.

"Morgan?" He was the last person i'd expect to see.. I thought he was dead. He gave me a soft smile and a nod. The last time I saw him was back when we were at the prison, I never thought I'd see him again. "Good to see you," he said. I nodded, "You too," I said, still thrown off by the fact that he was in front of me after all this time. He looked good, clean. So he's been taking care of himself well. "Let me go with you." I looked over to my dad. "No-" I said quickly, shaking my head. "You stink. You need to take a shower first. And change your bandages. I'll be back." I said and walked towards the door. "Take Carl with you." He called out. "No, I'm fine." I opened the door and walked down the stairs, heading towards the infirmary.

A gentle whistle echoed through my ears and I stopped walking, turning around. Daryl came down the steps putting on his jacket and fixing his vest. "How was it? Did you guys find anyone besides Morgan? You're the one who found him or what?" I asked, putting my hands in the pockets of my sweater. He nodded, "Yeah, and we did but we lost 'em." He said reaching me. I nodded a bit and put my hood on. "You didn't have to come," I said. "I know." He said, looking around then back at me.

"Well now that you're here," I hugged him. He hugged me back and sighed. "I was hopin' you forgot about the damn hug.." He mumbled. I smiled a bit, "Never. I've been waiting for this moment since the day you left." I said. He scoffed as we pulled away. I smiled looking at him, He smiled the smallest bit and I started walking, He walked too, it was silent for a few seconds. "Did I cut you?" He asked, concerned. "No, I'm okay.. Thank you." I said as we walked together. "Yeah," He mumbled looking at me, biting the inside of his cheeks.

"Did my dad make you come with me?" I asked, looking at him. "Yeah." He said looking around. I nodded, " 'course he did." I said. "Can you blame him? He just saw someone holdin' a damn sword to your throat. Either way, I wanted to make sure you were alright. I didn't know he cut you." He said. I nodded, "He did, I'm okay though.. It wasn't that deep." I said, "Let me see," He said, putting his hand on my shoulder. "Carl put a bandage over it. It's not that big though, just stung." I explained as we continued to walk. "What the hell happened?" He asked. I shook my head, "He was drunk. I was gonna go home to take a shower and he was on the porch with Michonne's Katana." I explained.

After a few more minutes of walking, we arrived at the med building. We stepped inside to see Maggie and Rosita tending to Glenn and Nicholas. Piles of bloody bandages and rags next to them. "Oh- my god." I said quickly going to Glenn. "What happened???" I asked looking at him. "What happened to you?" He asked. "No- what-" I cut myself of looking at his shoulder. Maggie was tending to a gunshot wound. "I'm fine. We got caught up with some walkers. A bullet ricochet off a tree." He said. I felt a hand on my chin and I looked over to see Oliver looking at me, also looking at my cheek and the bandage on my neck. "I told you she's okay. She's alright." Maggie said as she went back to cleaning up Glenn's wound.