i. eternity evermore

Dearest Pansy,

I don't know if the feelings I have for you are love or just lust. Either way they are feelings, feelings I've never felt before. 

You intrigue me in multiple ways. Your short black hair, perfectly cut to compliment your pale skin and green eyes. The way you talk to people, the way you aren't afraid to stand up for yourself and your friends. 

I might be obsessed with you. Is that wrong of me?

We've never spoken but I've watched you from the shadows. I'm invisible— it could be literal, if you understand it correctly. It's just that no one seems to notice my presence. Being unseen has it's perks, though.

You, on the other hand are always seen. Draco Malfoy's beloved girlfriend, the Slytherin Princess. Almost everyone fears you but not I. Do you ever feel lonely having the spotlight shining down on you?

Writing these unread letters is pointless. You'll never see them, even if I send them out for the entire school to read. You don't have time for me. They'll get stuffed in a box somewhere and I'll never see them again. But at least, my feelings for you are out there. 

Pansy Parkinson, you're quite extraordinary. 

I had a question once. It wasn't for you, rather out in the open but if you ever see this, answer it. 

How does the Dark Lord endure so much death? 

I certainly wouldn't be able to handle it. I've dreamed about death more times than I can count. What happens after you're gone? What if there is no 'god'? Does that give anyone the right to play god and act like they are the center of the universe? 

I have no answers to these questions. They're just unknown, unanswered, like me in a way. They need an answer and so do I. So this letter will be sent out anonymously, I've decided. Someone needs to read this. Everyone, if they please. 

I only want to be known as L. It'll be quite mysterious, I think? Give you the adrenaline rush you so long for. Maybe one day, I'll reveal myself to you but today is not that day. 

Maybe tomorrow? Maybe three years from now?

I don't know. And I don't want to know. So I'll keep moving on with my dreaded life, awaiting the day death knocks on my doorstep. Then I'll submit willingly, because, to put it simply

If you spend your life alone, what is the point of living at all?

And I will always be alone, now, and for eternity evermore. 

Sincerely, L