Chapter 9: Tears

Info key: No new keys

⚠️TW! In this chapter there are some cuss words

No one's P.O.V.

The (L/N) family especially Hoshi (L/N) [ (Y/N)'s dad] was close with the [Redacted's last name] family, even before (Y/N) was born. The (L/N) family and the [R/L/N] family lived in the Tokyo prefecture, right next to each other! When Fumiko (L/N) was pronounced pregnant, everything seemed great! Until, Hoshi fell out of love with Fumiko that is. Both of them decided it was for the best if they divorced before the baby was born. After they divorced each other, Fumiko moved to the Miyagi Prefecture while Hoshi stayed in Tokyo.

Time skip

(Y/N) was 4 years old and she mainly stayed at her mother's house with her mom's new boyfriend. Today, (Y/N) was visiting her father in Tokyo, her mother drove her to her father's house and smiled at (Y/N) before leaving. Inside, her father introduced her to the Bokuto family. She quickly became friends with their son, Kōtarō. He was always sweet and learned sign language to talk with her since her father said she was very shy.

(Y/N) ran away from Bokuto, tears bubbling out of her eyes. She never thought he would act out like that! He was the sweetest guy she knew and he had just gripped her wrist so tightly that it bruised and was now turning blue. The tears in her eyes wouldn't stop flowing and she kept running with blurry eyes. She bumped into someone but didn't look up and just shoved them away and continued running. She ran into a back alley and slouched against a wall sobbing while trying to wipe away the rivers of tears coming out of her (e/c) eyes. When her vision finally cleared up, her eyes were red-rimmed and puffy with her cheeks also being a soft scarlet. She walked out of the alley, sniffling and looked around. She soon came to the realization that she had no idea about where she was. She began running back in the direction she came from to see if she could find her way back to the café or her apartment. She bumped into someone again and this time she apologized in sign language. He scanned her with his olive green eyes and signed back to her that it was okay. She was shocked he knew sign language and her face clearly showed her emotions. She decided to ask him for help and began signing to him. "Can you help me. I need to get back to (Random Name) café" She signed to him. He nodded and grabbed her hand. He began to lead her back to the café and once they got there he let go of (Y/N)'s hand. She smiled at him and gave him a quick side hug before waving and running back into the café. His cheeks were tinted a light rose colour and he decided to leave but come back to the café another day. 

With (Y/N)

(Y/N) entered the café and saw that the former Karasuno volleyball team had already left. She let put a quiet sigh of relief and headed to the kitchen to take Moriko home while Kaori finished up at the café. 

When they were out of the café

(Y/N) and Moriko were walking out of the café with Moriko holding (Y/N)'s hand so she would get lost. "Hey Moriko, do you want to go to the park?" (Y/N) asked. Moriko looked up at (Y/N) and happily nodded with stars in her eyes. (Y/N) laughed slightly and began walking the direction of a children's park. It only took a few minutes to walk there and Moriko ran to go play with the other children as (Y/N) sat down on a nearby bench to make Moriko was alright. A middle-aged woman were also sitting on the bench and stared at (Y/N) with disgust. "Is that your child?" she asked. (Y/N) just nodded slowly. The woman looked shocked and decided to stare at (Y/N) for a few seconds before speaking up again. "What are you? 22? You're too young to have a daughter! I see this all the time, let me guess, you slept with some guy in high school and he left you with your kid. Right?" The woman accused. This time it was (Y/N)'s turn to be in shock, she shook her head to say that it wasn't true but the woman wasn't having this. "Don't try lying to me you sl*t! You need to give your child to someone who can take care of her!" The woman hissed at (Y/N), as tears prickled at (Y/N)'s eyes from anger as she shook her head again, (Y/N) tried to get up and walk away. The woman grabbed (Y/N)'s wrist and began yelling at her again. "Stop resisting you f*cking wh*re! Give up your kid! She obviously needs a reliable mother!" The woman screamed. Because of the woman's screaming, other parents and people around became aware of what was happening. Someone already called the police as the woman kept screaming at (Y/N). When (Y/N) tried pulling her wrist away, the woman slapped her, just as the police arrived. Daichi and another officer walked out of the police car and walked up to the woman. "Ma'am, you are under arrest for harassment, please come with us." Daichi told her. The woman went ballistic, she let go of (Y/N) and tried to hit Daichi and the other police officer. (Y/N) ran to grab Moriko and go home. (Y/N) grabbed Moriko's hand and began running to get to their apartment. 

Time skip

(Y/N) quickly locked the door behind her and Moriko after they entered the apartment. (Y/N) crouched down to look at Moriko, eye-to-eye and placed a hand on her shoulder. "Moriko, can you go get changed into your pjs?" (Y/N) asked Moriko. Moriko nodded solemnly and ran off to change into her pyjamas. (Y/N) went to her room, closed the door behind her, let out a shaky breath before crumpling onto the floor and crying. 'Why is this happening to me?'

A.N.

Thank everyone for your support on this book! It makes me feel very special and liked, so thank you!

Happy Reading! Sayonara! ~Author-san✨✨

Word count: 1040 words