FIFTH

Eunmi listened as Hera babbled on and on about the boring lecture she missed because she was busy reporting two certain boys to the principal

Eunmi listened as Hera babbled on and on about the boring lecture she missed because she was busy reporting two certain boys to the principal. As soon as the final bell of the day rung, Daniel had left to some gaming cafe, leaving the girls.

They stopped at the girls' locker rooms, Hera smiled a goodbye and Eunmi continued her trek to the auditorium. From around the corner she could already see a line of teens preparing themselves for auditions.

Eunmi checked in and stuck the number they gave her on her shirt, under the maroon blazer that was just a little to large for her. She got in line behind a group of girls in matching blue outfits and started her vocal warm ups.

Shaking the slight nerves out of her hands, eunmi took a deep breath in and out. She never really got nervous or anything but she didn't want jinx it. Or at least that's what she tells herself.

One by one, group by group, the line seemed to shrink down and before she knew it, it was her turn. Just as Eunmi was getting ready, a short and petite body bumped into her.

"Oh, I'm so sorry!" the girl Eunmi recognized as Lim Jugyeong apologized quickly but sincerely. Jugyeong swiftly walked past Eunmi, "I'm sorry again!" she shouted, holding her stomach. Eunmi swore she could hear the faintest 'I'm gonna barf' but she chose to ignore it.

Clearing her mind, she stepped out once they called for her and she walked up the stage. The bright lights of the stage momentarily blinded her but nonetheless she could see the people who ran the talent show sat out front.

She steadied her breathes and grabbed the microphone from the stand. Eunmi nodded and the pretty beginning piano tune of IU's 'Ending Scene' started to play. She held the microphone up to her lips and started singing.

Her nerves melted away, and flowed down a river of nothingness. The music cuddled and comforted her and it was like she was the only person in the room.

Outside of the auditorium, where people waited for their turn, stood Jugyeong. After a trip to the bathroom to try and get rid of the unsettling feeling in her stomach, she believed herself to be ready. Curiosity struck her and slowly but surely she peeked her head out. She was in awe.

Eunmi sang the sad yet graceful lyrics, grabbing the attention of everyone. Her voice bewitched the room, the melody swirling around in lavender circles.

Soon the song played its last note and it was over. They clapped for her as she left the stage, Eunmi's confidence growing by the second. She was sure she was going to get in.

"You did great!" Jugyeong enthused when Eunmi came out of the auditorium. Eunmi glanced at the shorter girl, her eyes racking over Jugyeong's keen expression, the hallway lights bouncing off her.

"Thanks." the words came out a lot more blunt and dull than Eunmi wanted them to but she didn't really care. She could see Jugyeong's grin dim ever so slightly, making her feel a little guilty.

"Lim Jugyeong!" up ahead they both could see Suho walking towards them, he seemed eager to talk to jugyeong. "It looks like I should leave you two then." Eunmi offered a thin smile, departing from them.

She made it to the gym, awaiting for Hera's practice to be over. Then it hit her.

She had a tutoring session.

a/n: uneventful filler
but it's important ;))