Thrity Five

"these are the days that must happen to you

"these are the days that must happen to you."
---

I get out of my car and go to where Kayden is sitting down on the porch.

"Kayden," I said once I was in front of him, looking at him who had his head faced to the ground. I go to sit next to him on the ground, but he still doesn't lift his head. "Where were you today?" I asked Kayden.

"I had to think about something," Kayden stated.

"Are you okay?"

Kayden sighed and then lifted his head for me to be able to see him. He shrugged his shoulders.

I stand up and take his hand in mine. "Come on," I said and pulled him inside the house. I hold his hand and bring him up to my room, closing the door. I don't know when Wes is coming home but Isabelle is going to be working late again today. "What happened?" I asked once we both sat down on the bed.

"Saturday is the day that my dad passed."

Oh.

"Saturday is the day that my family passed too," I stated making Kayden look up at me.

"That's why you weren't here on Friday and didn't talk to anyone?"

I nodded my head. "Yea. I just needed to be alone. Isabelle was with me though. I just needed to get away from school and everyone there. Have a break."

"I know what you mean," Kayden said while looking at me intensely. "It sometimes becomes too hard to keep it all in, so you have to have at least one day to let it all out. It hurts but every once in a while, you have no choice but to let it all out."

"I saw Isabelle crying and I thought she has been okay because she looked like she was but on Saturday I saw how hard she tried to pull it together, but she just couldn't. She cried while I held her in my arms." I sighed. "She told me how I was acting in the hospital that night. I still remember the pain on her face and her sobbing and crying."

"I know it's scary but it's going to be worse if you just keep it all in. It will only just hurt you more in the end. You will only do something irrational." Kayden stated.

Keeping it in is the only thing that is keeping me together. I haven't cried in a while, and I don't plan on doing that. I am scared. I will admit it until I die because it's what I feel. That is probably the most real feeling I have ever felt.

I even put that in the essay I had to write in English. I didn't tell or reveal a lot, but I wrote about me feeling scared to let it out.

At least I got a good grade on the essay.

"I can't Kayden. It might be easy for you, but I don't want to cry again or feel those emotions. That why I came here to California. To get a fresh start and I can't do that if I let my emotions get in the way."

"If you, don't it will ruin you. Trust me. I would know because the day my father died, I ran away and didn't cry or anything. I didn't show anything and when I finally did, I hurt people. It's dangerous and bad to keep your emotions in and that's why you need to talk to people about how you feel and why you have to lash out every once in a while, Alexis."

"I don't want to," I said while getting a little frustrated. I look down at my hands that were fidgeting. "I am scared to feel the way I did at the hospital. It was easier when I didn't know the details about the crash, but I had a dream about it and then it got harder."

"Maybe it's a sign to let go."

I look up at Kayden and see him staring directly at me.

When I look at him, he has a soft and comforting look on his face. I feel safe with him, and I feel myself wanting to be consumed by him.

I look down at his lips.

The same ones that kissed me not too long ago. We haven't kissed since the night in front of the daycare.

I look back up to meet his eyes and I see those beautiful brown eyes turn dark. They look dangerous yet I am not afraid of them.

He leans closer to me until his lips finally touch mine, making me feel all sorts of amazing things. The butterflies in my stomach churn and I feel like my legs turn into jelly. I slide my hands into his hair.

He makes a move to turn us around so that I am lying on my back on the bed with him on top of me. One of his hands is on my waist and his other one is resting on my cheek. He deepened the kiss by inserting his tongue into my mouth and prying it open.

"You're making me insane Alexis." Kayden breathed out and I can feel his warm breath my bare shoulder. I feel a shiver go down my spine. "I just can't seem to stop thinking about you." Kayden looked down at me and I looked up at him.

My breathing is still not back to normal.

"I don't know what to say to that."

That's a lie.

I want to tell him how I feel but I am scared of rejection. That's one reason why I have never made the first move with guys but then again, I have never really been the type to talk or associate myself with boys after my last boyfriend but somehow, I got associated with Kayden.

"Tell me you feel the same." He whispered but it sounded like a plea like he was begging me to tell him that I did feel the same.

"I feel the same." I then feel Kayden's lips right back on mine once again, making me feel my whole body shake and shiver with need. "What's one way you let go?" I whispered and Kayden looked at me.

"Racing." He stated.

His face was legit centimeters away from mine and I could feel his breathing hitting my cheek.

"Can we go?" I asked him.

He nodded his head and got off of me before taking my hand. "Come on."