Convincing

"What?" Sophie asked, sounding astounded, as if she couldn't believe a word he said, and honestly he almost couldn't believe it either but... only almost, because he knew why he said it. Now he would just have to find a way to explain it to her.

"I know it's a crazy idea but... from what you've told me it sounds like we've all lost a lot, and the fact that my mom is part of a group of murderers? I don't know if I want to remember that." He said and before Sophie could respond he rushed on, he didn't need pity.

"And the part where all of us keep on almost dying? What if it's a blessing I don't remember the trauma?" He mumbled the last sentence, knowing how selfish he sounded, but... was it so bad to wish his mom wasn't evil? That his friends were safe?

"I... I get that Keefe, I really do," Sophie's voice was strained, as if holding back a sob, but there was a sincerity to it that made appearance in every stuttered word. Her eyes held his gaze and he couldn't miss the desperation in her eyes, the fear that he wouldn't want to remember her, but most of all? The hope that he would listen. And in that moment all he could think of was the fact that she cared, he hadn't any idea who this girl was, but he could tell how much he meant to her... shouldn't he want to see how much she meant to him?

"Like I said, I'm the moonlark," Sophie said, dragging Keefe from his thoughts as she continued.

"Sometimes I wish I wasn't, sometimes I wish I was a normal elf with normal abilities and a normal upbringing. But the truth is... I wouldn't trade my human family for anything, and these abilities that I have? They help me save my friends, my family, and yeah I wish I didn't have to deal with murderers and death, but just because you can't remember it doesn't mean it didn't happen, you can't stay in a world where everyone else knows the truth and you don't. And Keefe, a part of me hopes that you'll want to remember it too," Sophie's brown eyes entranced him as he felt her emotions of heartbreak, her emotions that told him his early life had meaning, and maybe, just maybe, that she was the reason.

"Okay Sophie," he whispered under her gaze, unable to look away. "We can try to get back my memories," pausing as she began to smile he said, "Somethings tells me Im going to be really happy too remember you," he said the words softly.

If she had heard him she made no motion to respond, in fact the next thing she did caught him by surprise. She walked a step closer and before he could process their closeness she wrapped her arms around him, her head smothered by his chest, he almost staggered back from the motion, but feeling her emotions right then? She needed the hug, and perhap, so did he.

Sorry, do you want me too let go? Sophie transmitted, reminding him she was a telepath and could read thoughts.

Nah, it was getting a little cold in here. He joked and she snorted at his words, it was indeed true that it was cold but... this wasn't usually how you solved that sort of thing.

thank you Keefe Sophie's sweet voice circled throughout his mind.

He smiled, feeling warm and relaxed in her arms,
Anytime Foster, he thought back and he felt her emotions spike at the nickname.

"Keefe it's working!" Sophie said, pulling out of the embrace, he watched her, confused.

"Youre getting little fragments of memories back, I could feel it inside your mind." Sophie said and his eyes widened, was she serious?

"Isnt that a little fast?" He asked and she shrugged,

"All I know is, when you called me Foster there was a surge of light inside your mind and than little shards of memories showed themselves."

"Why would it start working so fast?" Keefe asked, surely it couldn't be so easy...

"My mom, Edaline, forgot me but it seemed like hearing about me and seeing pictures helped her, so I guess the best way for you to get your memories back is too... spend time with me?" Sophie said, sounding a bit shy and he smiled. I think I could live with that.

"Foster if you really want to see me you can just say it straight out." He teased and a warm blush appeared on Sophie's face as her smile turned even bigger.

"Then I suppose I'll be seeing you a lot more... wont I?" Sophie asked, taking a step closer as he smirked

"Don't try to get too excited, then I might think you like me." He said laughing and her cheeks flushed, they were standing an inch apart and he was daring her too back down.

"Oh yeah? Well maybe I d-"

"Keefe?" A crisp accented voice interrupted Sophie.

Fitz.