Chapter 3: Nightmares

Nightmares

~~~

"You are no one."

"I am no one."

"You must kill."

"I must kill."

"Now shoot her," the man says handing me a gun.

A redhead stands ten feet away from me. I grip the gun tightly in my hand as her emerald eyes connect with my similar ones. I point the gun at her when she starts speaking. "Evalina," she says softly and I freeze, "Wake up, Bluejay."

I gasp as I sit up in the bed. "Hey," Natasha says as she places her hands on my cheeks, "Look at me."

My eyes connect with her eyes and she gently takes my hand. She then places it above her heart. "Follow my breathing," Natasha tells me and I do as she says. "There you go," Natasha softly says as my breathing begins to turn to normal.

"Thank you," I tell her and she nods.

"What was it?" Natasha asks and I look at her.

"What was what?" I ask and she rolls her eyes.

"What was the nightmare about?" Natasha asks as she lets go of my hand and takes her hand off my cheek.

"The past," I tell her as I take the blanket off me and get out of the bed. I stand up and Natasha follows me. I turn back around and she stands in front of me. Natasha then places her hands on my arms and she gently rubs them.

"What was it?" She asks again and I sigh.

"I was ordered to kill you. I had a gun in my hand and I was going to kill you," I tell Natasha and her gaze softens. "I am dangerous, Nat. The power that I have, what has been done to me, it could burst out any second," I tell her as I pull my arms out of her hands.

"Then I guess I am just like you," Natasha tells me, "We lived the same life, but if I can control it, you can too."

"I don't know if I can, Natasha!" I scream, "The memories and the pain are all coming back. The memories of them finding ways to prevent me from healing. They were able to do that! It's all coming back because I decided to join this mission."

Natasha looks at me with wide eyes at my outburst. "But I'm here now," Natasha says as she walks to me, "And I'm never leaving you ever again."

I let out a deep breath and close my eyes when Natasha places her hands back on my cheeks. Natasha then pulls me into her embrace and I rest my head on her shoulder as I tightly hold her. "Never again," I whisper as I hold the woman that I have missed for years.

"Put some shoes on," Natasha says as we pull away, "I have an idea."

I grab a pair of shoes and put them on and decide to grab my sweatshirt as well. I follow Natasha and we enter the shooting range. "Here," Natasha says holding a gun up to me.