twenty five

a dreadful aura held the boy who was spreading his arms to reach out to someone

a dreadful aura held the boy who was spreading his arms to reach out to someone. he tried opening his eyes in the dark but soon realized that his eyes were already open.

"hello?" he called but got his own voice as an echo in response. he shuddered at the silence that followed the dying echo.

"theo." a female voice choked, sending shivers down theodore's spine because of how broken it sounded.

"mother?" theodore whispered, scared of the echo of his voice,"is that you?"

again, silence lingered around. though there wasn't any sound, theodore felt a piercing sound perforating his ears.

he took a step forward, hoping to reach out to his mother when he suddenly saw a figure standing in front of him.

​​​​​​"mother?" theodore was almost in tears as the figure stepped closer to him and ran her hand over the boy's head.

"it's me theo." his mother cried, slightly patting theodore's tears stained cheeks.

"mother. . ." theodore trailed off, not sure how to begin a conversation.

without any word, theodore's mother took a step back startling theodore who held her hands tightly, scared of letting go.

"no, don't leave me." theodore's voice trembled. he wrapped his long fingers around her mother's wrist and smiled slightly, knowing that she won't be able to leave him.

but in a puff of dust his mother's figure disappeared out of his sight causing theodore's last hope to crumble like a paper looses it's origin in a fire.

"mother. . . " a sob escaped theodore's lips as he fell onto his knees, gasping for breath.

"theodore." another female voice called which theodore has fallen in love with. her honeyed voice never failed to spark an unusual feeling inside him.

he lifted his head up to find a ray of sunshine meeting his eyes.

"golden?" theodore grinned stupidly, holding out his hand as if she would take it.

indeed she did.

"why are you crying?" aurelia whispered, her hand clasped with theodore's as she knelt down besides the broken boy.

"I was. now you're here and I couldn't be better." theodore smiled, looking at the girl in front of him with a large grin plastered on his face.

silence draped the two youngsters while theodore was busy staring at aurelia . gaining up some courage, he moved his hands upto cup aurelia's cheeks.

"golden." he beamed, earning a smile from aurelia whose hazel orbs twinkled with happiness but the swirl of sadness wasn't quite visible.

theodore drew circles on aurelia's cheeks before leaning closer to her. he covered the gap between them by leaning extremely closer to aurelia. as his lips met hers, theodore felt as if the time stopped. it wasn't like when he had kissed Millicent bullstrode to get his mind off his mother.