Ch 182: ACE

Even though he's now outside of Lungmen, he's still being attacked for some reason.

Of course, Lin Ye's reflexes had sharpened after so many incidents. After dodging the first strike, Lin Ye takes his python out and tries to shoot the attacker in the head, but unfortunately, his enemy wasn't slow either. He had already begun moving before Lin Ye managed to take out his gun. After dodging the first bullet, he retracts his blade and once again slashes at Lin Ye with his sword.

However, his swing was too wide, leaving him wide open. Lin Ye shoots his assailant in the shoulder and kicks him out of the car. When he once again aims his pistol at the swordsman's exposed stomach, Lin Ye couldn't bring himself to pull the trigger. Not because he'd suddenly decided to be merciful, but because he only had five bullets in the chamber. He couldn't afford to use three bullets to kill one person, not to mention how long it'd take to reload since most of his bullets were still in his backpack. Therefore, the answer was obvious.

But before Lin Ye could use his black steel sword to finish off his opponent, El grabs him and leaps out of the car.

*Bang!*

Lin Ye looks back at the car in shock.

A giant axe had just cleaved the car in half. If El hadn't done anything, he would have been bisected with his seat.

And the person wielding that axe... if you could call that a person... was a red-haired giant.

What the actual fuck?!

"This isn't the time to act shocked!", El drags Lin Ye back on his feet, "We've been ambushed, and they're all infected, probably the same group that attacked the theater."

The red-haired giant easily wrenches his axe free from the car and rests it on his shoulder, silently staring at Lin Ye and El.

*brum-brum-brum-brum-brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr*

Lin Ye quickly looks around and finds that they surrounded by two giants wearing protective suits and bloody chainsaws.

That is when he finally realized that those swordsmen were the weakest ones.

Lin Ye aims his python at the red-haired giant's head and pulls the trigger. Although his marksmanship was mediocre, his luck was pretty good, allowing him to score a headshot.

The red-haired giant staggers backward from the impact. However, to Lin Ye's dismay, he straightens up again, as if nothing happened.

Lin Ye rubs his eyes in disbelief. There's a gaping hole in that guy's head, and blood was flowing out!

The red-haired giant roars and charges at Lin Ye with his axe.

Why the fuck is he still alive?!

"Get a hold of yourself!" El shouts, "Use your sword!"

At the same time, El unsheathes his sword and decapitates the giant who attacked Lin Ye. Then, without hesitation, he charges at one of the chainsaw wielders.

*Clang*

When El's sword clashes with that giant's chainsaw, Lin Ye expected the sword to break, but to his surprise, the thin blade managed to stop the chainsaw.

The other chainsaw wielder jogs toward Lin Ye, while El is occupied. Lin Ye has no choice but to unsheathe his sword, even though he wasn't confident at all that he could replicate El's feat.

*Fwhooooooh!*

Lin Ye exhales slowly and looks for that feeling.

Suddenly, a huge man jumps out from behind and tackles his enemy.

That's ACE.

"Brat, you trying to get yourself killed?", ACE readies his shield and glares at Lin Ye, "Don't think you're invincible just because you've swung that sword for a few months."

"ACE, you're not dead?!"

He was obviously hit by that explosion. His clothes are almost burnt away, revealing the huge muscles underneath. However, he's standing tall, as if not hurt at all.

When the enemy ACE tackled tries to get back on his feet, Ace smashes his head in with his hammer.

*Thud*

With a dull sound of impact, the enemy falls back down again. This time, he doesn't get up again.

"That's why they wear protective suits.", ACE says coldly and stares at the red-haired giant, "I hope you can do better than your friend here."

While the red-haired giant approaches him in slow steps, ACE looks around, "Where's Ifrit?"

"She went to look for Silence."

"Tsk. Silence might have been captured by those guys."

"I'm going to go find them."

ACe grabs Lin Ye's shoulder, stopping the latter in his tracks, "Don't move. Wait for me."

"But you-!"

"I said, don't move...", ACE blocks the giant's axe with his shield and smashes his hammer into the giant's head.

*Thud*

The head that Lin Ye's bullet couldn't penetrate explodes upon impact.

ACE's attack was simple, yet brutal.

Lin Ye stares at him in shock.

ACE says, "... and wait for me."

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

Draft by Demosama

Proofread by Demosama & PanzerComrade56

Edit by Jaqqy10