• 164 •

Yun handed over the injured Haru and unconscious Goro to the rest, they were headed back to the inn where Kiyae and Ryo were resting. 

K’xug and Xue supported him.  

Right now, Cecil was in a hurry to give them medical treatment. 

Yun looked at Haru who was giving him a questioning stare. 

“Captain, it’s done,” he adjusted his glasses, nodding. “Go rest, I’ll take care of the rest.” 

“The rest?” Haru furrowed his eyebrows, confused. “By rest, you mean…” 

“Yes, I’ll be retrieving the original lord of this area,” Yun nodded. “After all, we did tell him to hide his presence away as if he never existed.” 

Haru softened the look in his eyes, lifting his head up and smiling at Yun. 

His smile was sorrowful. 

“That old man, we barely managed to save him that day,” Haru did not sound as enthusiastic as before. “I still remember that day when we warned him not to interfere no matter what happens, the look on his face…” 

“He’ll understand.” 

“You think so?” 

“He’ll understand, Haru.” 

Haru looked at Yun, his smile growing wider but he still seemed sad.

“Then, I’ll leave it to you.” 

“He’ll return, the love he has for his people is still there.” Yun stated in an affirmative tone.

“I know, I know him for the longest time,” Haru forced a chuckle. “Tell that geezer I said hi, and that...everyone welcomes him back.” 

“You aren’t planning to visit him?” 

Haru grew silent, ducking his head as he shook it lightly. 

“Not now.” 

Cecil and the others kept quiet the entire conversation, since there was no reason for them to intervene. Moreover, the mood between Haru and Yun made one feel uncomfortable. 

Especially since Haru lacked his usual cheekiness. 

Haru lifted his hand, patting K’xug and Xue on their shoulders as they supported him. 

“Let’s go.” 

“That would be best,” Yun nodded. “Before that thing behind you wakes up.” 

Everyone looked to Goro. 

They also noticed how Yun referred to Goro by “that thing” instead of addressing him as a person. It was apparent how much Yun abhorred Goro. 

“Let’s go.” Cecil nodded with a smile. 

“Let’s go!” Hana chirped. 

Yun waved them goodbye, walking in the opposite direction from them.

K’xug and Xue moved on, not saying a word. 

“Hahaha! To think I’ll be supported by you two peasants!” 

“...” 

“Oh wait, one of you is still a peasant, while the other…” Haru glanced at K'xug. “An angel? A demon? Like those from the myths? Or maybe both?” 

Xue frowned in annoyance. 

K’xug ignored Haru. 

Haru nudged at Xue. “Who the hell is your friend here?”