❀47❀

"For once, the world seemed bright."

As soon as Jisung had gotten the call from Sungchan, he rushed straight to the main base of NCT

As soon as Jisung had gotten the call from Sungchan, he rushed straight to the main base of NCT. He called in another Dream member for back up and to take his spot. Now, he's currently parking his car in the empty mansion garage, trying to leave it quickly.

Slamming his car door shut, he makes his way through the mansion, rushing over to Sungchan's room. All his mind can think about Hwara—is she okay?

All he had gotten was a quick message from Sungchan, telling him that Hwara's in pain.

When he slams open Sungchan's door, he doesn't see anyone at first. It confuses him until he hears two voices.

"Hwara, please, calm down. Jisung will be here, so just breathe."

Though, Hwara continues to hyperventilate, clutching her forehead as memories upon memories barrage her. Different memories flash through her head, creating more questions, more fear, more anxiety, and more answers.

Jisung turns to the corner to see Hwara pushing herself into the corner of the room, her head hidden between her legs as she covers her ears as well. Sungchan's massaging her back, trying to give reassurance to calm her down, but it doesn't work. She needs her soulmate.

Jisung immediately rushes over to the two, his mind only clouded with worry for Hwara.

"Sungchan, could you leave the room?"

The panicked boy looks at Jisung's calm stature, confused. How can Jisung be so calm when Hwara's like this? Nevertheless, Sungchan leaves the soulmates alone, closing the door behind him despite his worry for his younger sibling.

Jisung crouches down to Hwara, placing his hand through her hair and slowly combing it. Hwara flinches at the initial contact, snapping her head up before looking at the boy.

Her face is stained with tears, probably from the intense pain of memories flooding back to her. Unlike her usual memories, she could actually remember the sights of what occurred, her mind working hard to produce the images for the girl. She's hyperventilating, scared of everything, including herself.

She's learned a new truth—a truth she doesn't want to accept. It changes everything. She knows a part of the reason for everything—the reason for why it has to be her.

"Love, look at me."

Hwara can't focus on Jisung's voice though, as her own body starts to betray her. She's disgusted with herself. She feels dirty in her own skin, and she hates it. She hates that feeling.

Jisung, not knowing what else to do, pulls Hwara in for a hug. Internally, he's panicking from having never been in this situation before. But, he guesses that showing that panic would just make Hwara feel worse. He doesn't want that. So he forces himself to keep, calm, however hard it is.