12

private message with jeno

yoonmi
hey.. i seem to have lost my phone number
can i have yours?

jeno
ur texting me using my number

yoonmi
okay tough crowd
do you have a name?
or can i call u mine ?

jeno
my name is jeno

yoonmi
ya lee jeno

jeno
hm?

yoonmi
😒

yoonmi hit send, concluding that a single emoji was enough to convey her feelings.

something is off.

throwing her phone to the side, she lied back on her bed and ran a hand through her dark locks in frustration.

maybe i'm reading too much into it.

she nodded in agreement with herself. "yes, that must be it."

"besides," she mused, sitting up and reaching for her phone again. she hummed as she typed jeno's username into the search bar of instagram, clicking on a picture of him in glasses. "he's too handsome to get mad at."

she was in the middle of stalking a jeno fan page when a caller id jumped onto her screen.

jaemin 🐰 is calling...

"what a coincidence," yoonmi thought aloud, before swiping to answer.

"yoonmi!" his voice shouted suddenly, causing her to flinch from how loud he sounded in her otherwise silent home.

"hi, jaemin. how's my best friend doing?"

"i'm stressed, yoonmi."

yoonmi cocked her head in confusion. "and why's that?"

"you may not know this but haechan's birthday is actually coming up and mark has been forcing all of us to help out."

"ah. i had no idea, i must be a bad nctzen." she lied down again in her bed, tired from walking around campus all day.

jaemin's laugh crackled over the line. "since when were you an nctzen? was it my charming eyes and smile that made you convert?"

"no, actually it was jeno's." yoonmi blurted without thinking. she slapped a hand over her mouth.

"oh my god, you are grosser than i thought. wah, i literally got goosebumps."

"shut up."

"yes ma'am. let me cut to the chase, there was a list of things i was supposed to go do next week and it kind of slipped my mind."

"of course it did."

"but i also have a final school project that i need to be working on. i asked all the guys, but mark had also given them things to do."