II : FOURTEEN

Jana Calmiken takes every opportunity to rest that she gets. Whether it be five minutes, a mere span of seconds, or hours at a time, she values it. So, rising from her slumber after what feels like forever due to a drawn out nightmare, Jana feels rested, despite the racing of her heart from the vivid images that plague her nightly.

It was Moff Gideon, darksaber raised to Din's exposed throat.

Rubbing her eyes, Jana tries to shake the image, hitting the button to open the panel separating the darkened cot compartment from the rest of the Razor Crest. Scooting out, Jana leaves her cloak and holster where they reside on a hook before climbing up the latter to the cockpit.

When she sees Din, turning around in his chair to face the Child, who plays absentmindedly with his favourite metal ball, Jana lets out a small breath of relief she didn't know she was holding. Her Mandalorian is fine.

Din holds a hand out to her, "Cyare," He happily says, and when she places her hand in his he gently tugs her over to sit on his lap. His arm securing itself around the brunette's waist, one of hers going around his neck, "Watch this."

Raising a brow in interest, Jana watches as Din's helmet turns to the little green monster they're both so fond of as he says, quite simply, "Grogu."

At the sound of his name, Grogu's head whips up, his big, adorable eyes looking towards Din and Jana. It's as if they both can't help themselves, chuckling at the sight of the Child as he looks back down to the ball.

"Grogu?" Din says again, and Jana's gaze move to his helmet, looking at him fondly as he laughs at the Child for the second time.

Jana grins down at the man, "You're gonna annoy him with that at some point," She mumbles, looking back to the Child before uttering, "Grogu," To snap his attention and earn a delightfully confused babble.

"What was that you just said?" Din teasingly prods, his arm that's around Jana growing just a bit tighter.

"That was my first time," Jana mumbles after a moment, staring into the t-visor where she imagines his dark eyes to be. She looks to the Grogu, her heart swelling at the sight of the Child, and at the touch of the Mandalorian that holds her so close, "The name suits him, don't you think?"

"It does," Din nods before leaning them towards the kid, free hand outstretched, "Give me the ball," Grogu looks up at them, keeping a hold of the toy, until Din repeats himself, voice firm, "Grogu, give me the ball. Come on."

Reluctantly, Grogu listens, hanging the small metal trinket over to the Mandalorian, who holds it between two of his gloved fingers, "Okay, here we go."

"Do I want to know how many times you did this while I was asleep?"

Din's lack of acknowledgement to the question is the answer she needs, and she can feel herself smile affectionately. He may be tough and intimidating, but deep down, Din Djarin is a dork full of love.

"You can have it, just like before," Din urges, gaze locked onto the Child, "Grogu, come on. You can have it," Grogu's eyes narrow themselves in concentration, his hands raised as Din whispers, "Come on."

Then, the ball is taken out of Din's grasp with an invisible force, the force, flying itself back into Grogu's hands.

Jana's grin widens itself, and Din slaps the leg Jana isn't perched on, cussing out, "Dank Ferrik!"

The action, however, seems to scare the Child, and Grogu drops the ball, making Jana's heart clench in her chest. She frowns, standing from Din's lap and crouching in front of Grogu's seat, "Hey, no, troublemaker, it's okay," She assures, "He isn't mad at you."