Chapter Seventeen

"I'm so bored!" I whined.

Loki and I were in his room. Loki was looking for a magic spell and I was lying on his bed. The Games had happened three weeks ago and now that nothing was happening, I was bored out of my mind.

I wasn't allowed outside, I wasn't allowed on my phone because I accidentally broke it (technically it was Sam's fault, but no one believed me), and half of the team was away on a mission so I couldn't bug them.

Loki sighed and closed his book.

"I know something that might take your mind off of it," Loki said flirtatiously.

I snorted and shook my head.

"I want to go outside," I complained.

Loki sighed again. He walked over and kissed me on the head.

"I shall see what I can do," he said.

An hour and a half later, we were packed to go on a picnic in the middle of nowhere. I was wearing a nice little sundress, while Loki wore a green shirt and jeans. The team had felt bad for me and decided that Loki could teleport me somewhere away from the city and Hydra.

Loki grabbed my hand and the picnic basket and teleported us to the side of a cliff. I could hear waves crashing against the rocks at the bottom. We got our picnic blanket out and lay it on the soft grass. We got out some food and ate it before cuddling together and watching the clouds.

It was really romantic. I looked towards Loki. His hair was splayed out underneath him and his eyes were looking towards the sky. His eyelashes were long and dark. His jawline was sharp, and I found myself admiring every part of his face. Loki looked towards me, and I blushed. He turned so that he was on his side and facing me. He lightly traced my face with his fingers.

There was the sound of a jet. Our meadow was disturbed by wind and our clothes whipped back and forth. Loki's clothes transformed into his battle armour and I glanced down at my dress.

"Can you do a little something about this?" I asked as the jet landed.

Loki flicked his hand towards me and suddenly I was in my Guardian Angel armour. I rolled my shoulders as a swarm of Hydra agents exited the plane. Loki and I blasted the agents with our power and engaged in hand to hand combat. When we were halfway through the agents I was covered in blood.

"You look ravishing, Love," Loki said before stabbing an agent in the head.

I smiled and continued to fight. I got attacked by five agents at once. I blasted them back with my power which was fading fast. I decided to not use my power in case I needed it for healing after. I punched an agent in the head, and they fell to the ground. Then someone grabbed my arms from behind. I struggled against them and threw my head back into theirs. They swore and let go of me, but four more agents swarmed me. I kicked one of them in the face and punched another. One of them was able to push me to the ground. They stomped on my leg and I felt it crunch. I screamed out in pain. Two of the agents grabbed me and began dragging me to the cliff. I struggled against them, feeling my power slowly heal my leg. I looked over to see Loki being overwhelmed by soldiers. I screamed and struggled against them, but it was no use. We were now at the edge of the cliff.

"Bye, bye, agent l/n," the agent whispered to me.

And then he threw me off the cliff. I began plummeting to the water. Plummeting towards the rocks jutting up from the sea floor, to the waves crashing ferociously against the rocks. I tried to access my power, but there was next to nothing left. The wind ripped at my armour... and then I remembered the wings. Surely, they did something other than just look pretty.

"Come on!" I yelled. "Fly! Help me fly!"

The words must have activated something because the wings stretched out and caught the wind. I began to sail upwards. The wings seemed to be in tune to my movements, so I was able to fly back up easily. I landed wobbly on my good leg, lifting my bad one so that I didn't apply any pressure to it. The agents looked at me, frightened.

My magic was gone, and I could barely fight in hand to hand combat. Loki was still taking on about seven agents. I grabbed one of the knives from my belt. It had a golden hilt and was engraved with pearls. Loki had given me the pair a while back. I guess it was time to see how good my aim was.

I threw the knife and it hit an agent square in the chest. I grabbed the other one and threw it, hitting another agent in the stomach. They both fell to the ground, but now I was out of ammo. The remaining agents raised their guns. I wouldn't be able to out fly them. This was the end for me. Or was it?

I glanced behind me. I was still at the edge of the cliff. I turned back to the agents. I smiled and fell backwards off of the cliff. I used my built-in wings to help me fly back up. The agents fired and a bullet hit my bad leg. I cursed but continued flying up and out of their shooting range. There was a loud scream and then everything went silent. I cautiously flew back towards the ground. Blood was dripping from my leg, and when I landed, I collapsed.

"Y/n, Love?" Loki asked anxiously, running to me.

I whimpered on the ground. Loki hovered above me and suddenly we were in the infirmary in the Avengers tower. I turned to the side and threw up on the floor.

"What's going on?" Bruce asked.

"I – there was an attack," Loki said frantically. "She used up all of her power."

Bruce quickly took my limiters off. I felt my power rush back into my body and my sight blacked out for a second. When I regained my sight, all of the Avengers were crowded around me. Maybe it had been a bit longer than a second. My sight was fading in and out. There was a sharp pain in my leg, and I whimpered.

"It's okay, y/n, Love. I am here," Loki said, grabbing onto my hand and giving it a kiss.

I faded out of consciousness.