20

Carlisle's pov:
After I have seen my precious angel this morning I feel a ton better! Of course I knew that the boys will look out for her and I also know how irrational it is to even worry for her safety while she is safely asleep at her sown house along with her mother. But for vampires it's more than just hard to leave their mate out of their eyesight. Especially when they just met their other half and said half is still human. There are so many different scenarios where my angel could get hurt or even worse killed. The thought alone makes me flinch! Seeing some of my coworkers stare at me like I am crazy doesn't bother me at all. They simply don't know and even if they wouldn't understand. This also reminds me of how incredibly well my angel took the news on us being vampires. She simply accepted it right away and even more important, accepted my boys and I as her mate. Thinking about that makes me smile softly at the amazing being that is my sweet angel. And that lovely smile she had on her kissable lips as she saw me there with the others after she woke up only makes me fall even more in love with her! She is just absolutely breathtaking and to put it simple, perfect in every way possible! Emma also thanked me profusely for switching shifts with her, when she got to the hospital herself. She also informed me on how lovely my family is and how much she appreciated that my sister even send some pasta dish with Clair so they could share it together yesterday evening. Of course I knew that already, still I only smiled at her and explained to her how my children were so ecstatic that they finally found a friend at school. As my phone rang not too long after my shift started, I excused myself from everyone around me to go somewhere more private. With the knowledge that it's Jasper who is calling, my heart starts to arch in worry that something might has happened to our lovely mate.
„What happend?" i asked already ready to run to them. Who cares if I leave my work early? My mate is way more important!
„Calm down Carlisle! Nothing happened and Clair is perfectly fine!" Jasper right away states matter of factly which makes me sigh in pure relief. I after all have thought the worst already.
„We just finished art class where we should draw something we have dreamed." he starts to say slightly unsure how he should word his sentence it seems. Something definitely is going on, something that includes our mate and I don't like it. Not at all!!
„She drew Marcus. And to top it off he holds her mother, Emma, in his arms with a loving smile on his normally sad and stoic face." he goes on after a deep breath. Hearing that bit of information I need a few seconds to comprehend what that means. Is it really possible for Emma to be Marcus second chance mate? I honestly would love for my friend to be happy again. He definitely deserves it! Still, I am not too sure how my angel will feel about it. Then again, she won't care as long as her mom is happy and safe. Those two only have themselves as family, so it's understandable how close they are and how much they care for one another.
„We thought he might be her mate. That's why we decided it's best to let you know right away. You know, since you are the closest with the Volturi's and all." he quickly adds to which I only shake my head to.
„Thank you for letting me know. I will call them right away." I say after thinking about it. It only will be fair to inform them on our assumption and Marcus most definitely deserves to be finally happy! which he certainly will be when he hears about it!
„That's what we thought. I should go back to class now. See you later Carlisle." Jasper says with understanding.
„Please hug my angel for me!" I quickly tell him seconds before he could end the call. Since I know that the next call will be even more delicate, I quickly tell Emma that I will get outside for an important phone call. Sweet as she is, she right away asks if everything is fine with my family and if she could possibly help me in any way or form. Of course she couldn't, at least not just yet. So I simply thank her for the offer after reassuring her that its nothing to worry about, simply private so I don't want anyone to listen into the conversation. She seems to right away understand what I mean and simply stated that she will cover for me so I should take my time and not worry about anything. After thanking her for that, I make my way outside to make this very important and life changing call.
„Carlisle! How may I help you today? Is everything alright with your family and your dear mate?" Aro questions in worry that something might happened to any of us. Which shows just how caring the Volturi Kings truly are. Of course they often need to uphold their stoic persona to make sure everyone follows the laws, but at the end of the day they only want everyone to be happy and safe!
„Jasper just called me that our precious mate just drew an image that got us thinking it's best to inform you of." I start to say. Not just right away jumping to our assumption and instead let him make his own mind up what this might mean for his dear brother.
„What did she draw then? You are worrying me my friend." Aro says and both his brothers also start to mumble loudly in the background.
„She drew Marcus, which is already strange since she doesn't know him. But the even more important thing is that she painted him smiling lovingly at her mother that is cuddling tightly into Marcus." I slowly explain and hear their heavy indrawn breath seconds before the phone gets wrestled out of Aro's hand.
„You mean that you might have found my second chance mate!?" Marcus asks me hopeful as well as rather excited already. Smiling softly at this. He truly deserves his mate to finally be whole and happy!
„Honestly, I don't know! But that's what we were thinking as well. That's also why I called you right away." I answer him still smiling at the possibility that my friend finally has a real chance to be happy!
„I will come to Forks right away! I need to see if this really is my mate! Till than make sure she is safe!" he states and instructs me to which i simply nod my head in understanding. He obviously doesn't see it but he surely knows that i will do as he said.
„I will pack a few things and then I am on my way!" he says. My guess is he tells his brothers since they need to handle their work alone now.
„We will be awaiting your arrival my friend. And don't worry, I currently have a shift with her and I make sure afterwards someone from my family will watch her for you." I answer them and then the line went dead. Sighing heavily, hopefully Emma will turn out to be Marcus mate so those two will be happy forever!