Chapter 46

Tanna Carson

"Come on baby please tell me." I say pouting as I rest my arms loosely around his neck.

"Tan, it's a surprise." He gently wraps his arms around my waist and I can tell he's trying to avoid my gaze as he tilts his chin up making me sigh.

I bounce up slightly, trying to stand higher up on the balls of my feet as I try to reach his lips, but with his height advantage and his head tilted up, I wasn't getting very far.

I fall back down onto my left leg, making me move further away from his face before I try to step up higher onto my right foot, swaying to the side slightly, trying to reach his lips again.

I huff with a pout across my face, falling back down flat onto both of my feet, struggling to get him to look at me. I know he's avoiding my gaze because he would probably give in if he looked at me in the eyes.

I drop my head back slightly in frustration before gently pressing up higher again, moving towards his face.

He suddenly lowers his face, opening his lips slightly as he encases my own lips in between his.

I melt against his lips as I feel his hands slide down my body, resting at the back of my thighs before he leans down to lift me up.

With our lips still connected, I push up off the floor, him supporting my thighs that were on either side of his body as he holds me in his arms.

I breathe in deeply, the familiar peppermint smell invading my senses in the most inviting way.

I run my tongue along his bottom lip before biting down gently, feeling him open his mouth slightly, giving me complete access.

Needing to catch my breath, I pull back, letting my eyes flutter open before pecking him lightly on the lips.

I notice the smirk grow across his face and I can't help the excited feeling that runs through me.

"Tan." His voice escapes just above a whisper and I look down into his eyes as he stills holds me in his arms, waiting for him to give in and tell me where we were going.

"Yeah?"

"I'm still not telling you." I let out a groan as the words leave his lips, sliding out of his arms until I was standing flat on the ground again.

"So I did that for nothing?"

"You and I both know that that wasn't for nothing. I can see the way your body reacts to me." My breath hitches in my throat as he bites his lip, looking down at me intently. "Certainly enjoyed it."

"I- i- not the point. I thought it would work." He chuckles deeply at the way I stumbled on my words slightly when I spoke.

"It took a lot for me to not let it work, trust me." He takes a step closer to me and I have to remind myself to breathe after seeing the way he's looking at me.

My mouth parts slightly, watching his every move as he leans down until his face was directly in front of mine.

I felt his breath fan across my lips as his bottom lip lightly brushed against mine. I felt a pull towards him and it took everything in me not to close the gap between us while waiting for him to speak.

"Now, go get ready, we leave in an hour." After whispering, he leans back with a smirk on his face as he notices how I'm frozen still in my spot.

>>>>

"You know Luke, this seems oddly familiar to a kidnapping. I hope you're not taking me to the middle of a forest to murder me or something."

"You agreed to this date just as much as I did." He says and I can hear the amusement in his voice as he continues to drive us to the unknown destination, The Rolling Stones playing quietly in the background.

"Yeah, before you decided to blindfold me and kidn-"

"I'm not kidnapping you." He chuckles deeply and without even seeing him, I can picture the smile across his face.

"I'd hope not."

"And let anything happen to you? Alex would kill me." I can hear the playful tease in his voice but I decide to reach my arm out to the side, slapping him gently. "I'm kidding, I really do need you in my life. You mean way too much to me just to let that go again."

I can feel my cheeks heat up immensely at his words but I remain speechless as the car came to a complete stop.

"Can I take this off yet?" I finally find my words, lifting my hand to the back of the blindfold when he stops me.

"Wait, just one second." I hear his car door open, assuming he climbed out of the car to do something as I sat there waiting.

After a few minutes, I hear my own car door open making me furrow my eyebrows until I feel Luke's hands slip into mine.

"I've got you, just come with me." His voice is soothing and I allow myself to put my full trust in him, walking over to wherever he guided me to. "Okay, yeah, you can take it off now."

I let go of his hands, reaching up to the back of my head to untie the blindfold, letting it fall away from my eyes.

I blink for a bit, adjusting to the difference in lighting before my eyes focus on the view in front of me.

I shake my head lightly in amazement. The view was astonishing from up here. The sea was not too far below us, but you could hear and see every intricate detail of the waves crashing gently against the shore.

"I- Luke this is beautiful."

"It is, isn't it?" I turn to face him, noticing the shy expression that crosses his face as his eyes remained on me. A blush rises in my cheeks and before he notices my eyes land on the trunk of his car.

I didn't know it was possible to smile even more than I was already, but as soon as I saw the blanket and cushion setup in the back of his car, surrounded by fairy lights I was proved wrong.

"This is all incredible Luke, thank you." I whisper softly, taking in everything around me. "You didn't need to do any of this, you know?"

"You deserve everything and more Tan, and I want to be the one to give you that."