15. Kurono

I was silently working, helping Overhaul with his work. There wasn't as much paperwork as usual, so we were going to be able to finish faster.
After an 2 hours, we finally finished.

"There we go, that's the last of them."

"Hari, follow me."

"Okay."

He lead me to a room in the basement.

"What are we doing here?"

"Often the door."

"Really? I thought no one was allowed to open it. You said it was just filled with useless stuff."

"It is, but they may be of use now. Open it."

I opened the room door. The room was filled with, children's toys? I looked around the room.

"Wha-what is this?"

"Children's toys. There are also some decorations if you want."

"Why are you showing me this?"

"I just thought it might be nice if you'd want to decorate her room, it is kind of bland. It's like you said, the more comfortable she is, the easier she is to work with."

I smiled at him, I knew that there was more to this than that.

"Thank you, Kai."

"No problem, Hari. Plus, it's not like we were going to do anything with them. They used to belong to the boss, he brought these for his daughter. But when she grew he put them all in a room. They weren't going to be touched, even if he was still here."

"Do you want to decorate with me?"

"No, it's fine. I'm going to go make sure everyone is doing what they're supposed to be doing."

"Thank you, again."

"Your welcome."

Overhaul left the room, leaving me to decide what to get, I took a box as I looked around. All the stuff here were clean. Boss had probably wanted them in their best shape, even if they weren't going to be used. And Overhaul probably did the same in honor of Boss's memory.

I noticed a small blanket that looked like it would be big enough for Eri, it was yellow with some colorful butterflies on it, I put it in the box. I then found a blue pillow. Let me tell you when I say it was soft, I mean it was soft. Giving it a squish, I put it in the box. Looking around I put some other stuff in the box.

Time skip

I walked into Eri's room, with the box in my hands. I put the box on the ground to close the door and take my mask off.

"Hi, Eri!"

"What's in the box?"

"Presents!"

"Presents?"

"Yeah! Could you please sit on your bed while I get your present ready?"

"Yeah!"

I put the pillow and blank on her bed. I looked over at her shelf, which was empty except for 5 small books. I took some more books out and put them on her shelf. I took a ball and placed it in the corner. I took another box out of it, and put it to the side. Now the box was only filled with dolls and toys. I put the ball back in the box, znd and put the box in the corner, it would be her toy box. I opened the second box it had toys that I had gotten for Eri, but had never given it to her. Taking out a Catra plush, I put it on her bed. I then put up some posters of She-Ra, Voltron, My Little Pony, ect. There were also toys of these that I placed on her shelf.

"So what do you think, Eri?"

"She looked around, tzking her eyes off of the TV that was playing She-Ra.

"Wow!"

"You like it?"

"Yeah!"

She ran up to me hugging me. I picked her up and continued hugging her. Smiling at my daughter, I placed her down and told her that wasn't all I had gotten. I took out some marshmallows.

"We can eat these while watching She-Ra, and I can also braid flowers in your hair like last time."

She smiled at me while we watched She-Ra and I braided her hair.