8: 𝐒𝐮𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐬 (𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐊𝐢𝐧𝐝)

"Brother is here." Saude chuckled before disappearing down the hall.

Why the fuck would he be here?

I sighed out a heavy sigh and glanced at a confused yet still beautiful Adaline. Her eyebrows scrunched together with her plump, pink lips twisted into a small frown.

"Carlo?" Adaline asked a little bewildered."Why would Carlo be here?"

I shrugged my now heavy shoulders. "I don't even know." I wanted to palm face myself. "He has my wife, what more does he want? My daughter." I sarcastically scowled before storming out of my office with Adaline closely following.

"Look at my little niece! My favorite little niece." I heard Carlo's voice coo, assuming he was talking to Esme in the living room.

I followed the direction of the commotion to find an amused Saude, a confused Nicholas, and a happy for now Carlo.

"What the f-" I paused, glanced at Esme before fixing my sentence. "What are you doing in my house?" I asked earning a proud smile from Adaline.

"I just came to see my niece. Is it such a crime?" He chuckled.

"You only come when you want something, So what else do you want?" I grimaced with an angry scowl.

Carlo shook his head and cuddled Esme closer to him in his arms. "You know, I think I want kids now."

The room fell silent before erupting in laughter from me and Saude. Saude wiping tears from his eyes while I was on the brink of them.

"First off..." Saude wheezed, holding his hand over his chest trying to catch his breath. "That's the funniest shit I've ever heard."

"Saude." Nic corrected through his clenched teeth.

"Oh sorry," Saude said. He cleared his throat before speaking again. "That is the most funniest shit I've ever fucking heard."

Nic slapped Saude's head and yanked his man bun causing the golden-ish blonde strands to fall to their natural shoulder length.

"Baby brother." Carlo chuckled. "Still the same."

I scoffed. "Were not here for a family reunion. What the fu- fudge do you want."

Adaline let out a small giggle from behind me as she watched this go down.

"Why'd you kick Selene out?" He questioned.

"You should ask her. I mean she is your girlfriend after all. She might even carry your future kids."

Saude chuckled. "If she wants them." He cracked.

Esme let out a small sniffle and turned her head away from us. Adaline slowly walked towards her with open arms which Carlo dropped Esme into.

"Oh cariño, ven aquí. Está bien." Adaline cooed softly kissing and stroking Esme's head.

She continued to do so as she walked upstairs towards Esme's bedroom.

I turned back to Carlo who was a little confused but also a little flustered. "She is—wow." He said followed by a wolf whistle.

"Don't think about it," Nic spoke up. "She's off-limits. You have his wife remember?"

Carlo scoffed and threw his hand up in dismal. "You think I want here? She came onto me. I just happened to hit it and now I'm tryna quit it."

My blood was boiling. The man had the audacity to come to my house. Interact with my daughter. And talk about my soon to be ex-wife like a casual fling?! I lost my shit.