Chapter 42

In the distance, you can all see Hosoek run towards your group, still holding your phone; behind him, a large, furry brown figure.

"Yeah that's definitely a bear." Jin confirms.
"We didn't need fucking Einstein to figure out that one, Jin." Yoongi says.

"RUN!" Hoseok yells, the bear's pace quickening as does his.
All the boys start running, not looking back.
"RUN!!" Hoseok yells again, louder this time.
"WE ARE!" Taehyung yells back.
"Why would Hoseok tell us to..." Jimin starts, he looks back.
You're standing where your food wrappers lie, still at the centre of the forest. You had been crying and seeing your anxious brother running away from a bear did not help.
"GUYS, Y/N!!" Jimin screams.
Your knees weak, body shaking, you stand. Your head turns and your focus changes from your brother and the huge creature to Jimin and the rest of the boys, they're all slowing down.
"Y/N, COME ON!" Jungkook yells, waving an arm for you to run their way.
But you can't.
You slowly turn your head back towards your brother who's getting closer, then back to Jungkook and the boys. You slowly shake your head as your eyes start to close.

Hoseok's POV

Why is y/n staring at me..

now she's staring at the boys..

why is her head moving so slow?

oh shit.

"SHE FAINTED. Y/N!" Hoseok screams to the others, the pain transparent in his voice.
You fell unconscious.
"Who's closer to her, us or Hosoek?!" Jimin frantically asks as all of their running slows down.
"Who cares?! Someone get her!" Yoongi says.

Why are they standing around?! My baby sister is on the floor!

"Hoseok can get her! He's athletic-."Jungkook starts.
"He has a bear to worry about. And he's further to y/n than we are!" Jin snaps at the younger.
"Jin are you able to get her? You're the oldest?—." Yoongi starts.
"Fuck it." Jungkook, the youngest runs away from his pack.

Jungkook? Oh god no.

"Jungkook what the hell are you doing?!" Hoseok screams. "Jungkook you can't carry her!"
"I don't care!"
Jungkook effortlessly picks you up from the centre of the forest, carrying you as the adrenaline keeps his feet moving at the quickest pace possible. He's able to catch up with the group again,
"Hoseok won't make it." he says as he runs past them with you in his arms.
"Hoseok?" Yoongi frantically turns his head to find the bear's tracks progressively getting closer to his boyfriend's.
"Hobi, behind you!!" Yoongi yells.

Behind me?

Hoseok looks back as he's running, the bear much closer than he thought.

Oh fuck—

His feet failing to keep up with him as he blindly runs, distracted by the bear,
Hosoek trips.

"HOSEOK!" Yoongi cries.
"Y-Yoongi, we gotta run." Jin grabs Yoongi's shoulder and shakes it, but his gaze isn't phased. "We have to get Hoseok!" Yoongi's words crumble. "There's no time." Jimin says, looking at Hoseok on the ground then in the direction of you and Jungkook who have already disappeared out of the forest.
Hoseok looks up from the floor towards Taehyung, Jimin, Jin and Yoongi, hopeless.

Jungkook's POV

Where the fuck are they?

Jungkook impatiently fiddles his shakey thumbs as he kneels down and stares are you, who he put on the ground. He brought you the empty hill that was the original spot to eat lunch, the stoner hill.
"This is all my fault." Jungkook mumbles to your unconscious corpse lying on the hill, "I should've never been so stubborn to eat in the damn forest." he says, anxious. He has no insight on how the boys are doing without him, his mind racing.