//Motive//

(NO, THE IMAGE OF RAY HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS CHAPTER, BUT IT IS BEAUTIFUL, LMAOO.

...

AHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH. AHAH. HAHA. AHAHHHHA. HA. HAHA. HA.

ENJOY. AHA HAHAHA HA. HEHEHHHEHE)

'Someone is staring at me' I thought to myself as I pulled out my chair, sitting down for breakfast. 'Or, make that several people.' I remended with a raise of an eyebrow as my eyes flicked around the room, catching the glances from several children as they stared at me, averting their gazes quickly as my blue eyes met with theirs.

The table I sat at was conveniently empty and placed at the farthest end of the room. I sighed while I picked at my food. I still haven't talked to Ray since... well, since he came back from making the promise, at least. Emma's been distant from me as well, although not as blatantly obvious about avoiding me as Ray.

Speak of the devil, the ravenhead walked into the kitchen right then, carrying a plate of his own food. My eyes flicked to his face for a moment, landing on his bruised cheek and busted lip. I raised an eyebrow before turning back to my food, a satisfied expression befalling on my face. 'Wherever his injury came from, he probably deserved it.'

Soon, a group of children walked towards me, pulling chairs out at the table I was seated at and sitting down. Poppy sat on my left, Reina taking a seat besides her. Hannah and Niko sat nearby, and Chris sat diagonally from me. Zack sat across from me along with Sandy and Gillian who sat to his right. Oliver seemed hesitant to join, but they waved him over, and he took a reluctant seat to Zack's left.

"How you doing?" Poppy asked with her face charmingly stuffed with food.

"Could be better." I shrugged.

"No sh*t." Poppy laughed. "Your dark circles make you look like an undead."

"Wow, thanks." I muttered, raising an eyebrow. Reina smacked Poppy upside the head before turning to me.

"Sorry." She apologized for her friend's stupidity before dragging her out of the room by the ear.

I smiled thinly. At least they were still the same as ever- although they certainly were still a tad awkward around me. I continued for eating silently for a minute, until there were approaching footsteps from my left.

"Hey, Y/N..." I turned my head to Emma as she spoke, standing awkwardly to my left. "Uhm..." the ginger murmured. She looked to the floor worriedly before looking back at me and meeting my eyes. "I-I'm really sorry!!" She exclaimed, bowing her head. "I'm sorry for leaving you behind to make the promise! That was wrong and selfish of me!" I blinked, a little startled from the ginger's forwardness. Emma stood back up, her eyes watering. "I hope you can forgive me!" She then turned to leave with tears in her eyes, but I grabbed her shirt, stopping her in place before she could leave.

"Have you eaten yet?" I asked her with a smile.

Emma hesitated before shaking her head no.'Chance!' "Then do you want to grab yourself some food and come sit beside me to eat?"

The ginger girl's eyes watered once again. "Thank you, Y/N!! I won't let you down, I swear!!" She wrapped her arms around me in a hug tightly before quickly leaving to grab a platter of breakfast.

That morning was the happiest I'd felt in quite some time, with Emma and I warming back up to eachother almost immediately. We laughed and talked for a while. After breakfast I began making preparations for the 2 day journey we'd be leaving for tomorrow, including getting ourselves acquainted with horseback riding, which was hellish, for the most part. I raced Emma a few times for fun, although neither of us were very good at horse riding yet, so each of us took turns nearly being trampled and dying. Good times.