chapter 12

CARINA'S POV:

i picked him up and sat him on my lap just as the man walked over.

The waiter comes over with everyone's order. He placed everyone's ice cream order in front of them not saying a word and his eyes never leaving my body. This caused me to feel self conscious and rap my arms around myself.

I thought that he might just give me my ice cream and leave, however this was not the case.

The man placed his hand on my shoulder and started to flirt with me again. At this point me dad and brothers all looked beyond pissed and looked like they all had steam coming from their ears.

I tried to tell him to stop and to go away but he just wouldn't listen. I not only felt uncomfortable with this situation but also that it was happing in front of my family and little Alex, who was sitting on my lap still.

Just as i was about to get up and leave dad threatened the man to leave.

"she likes it though. Don't you sweet cheeks." the said said.

I froze.

Sweet cheeks...

That's what he used to call me every time he took my innocents away.

I was so sticking in the horrific memories of him that i didn't realised my breathing had picked up the paste.

———

ROMEO'S POV:

I was beyond pissed off but this arsehole. Who does he think he is, flirting with my little sister, my bubs. I wanted nothing more then to go up to him and torture him till he is begging for my to kill him. But then he says something.

"she likes it though, don't you sweet cheeks"

Him saying this set everyone off even more. Everyone was yelling at him but i looked to Carina and noticed that she had paled and her breathing was picking up the pace.

'shit, she's having a panic attack' i thought.

Without hesitation i went over to her and took Alex off her lap so that i could sit her down.

Once i had sat her down on my lap, i started to remind her that i am here and she is safe now. Slowly her breathing went back to normal.

But i couldn't stop thinking about what exactly set her off to have to panic attack.

was it the man?
or
was it something he said?

I don't know but i plan on finding out.

I was brought out of my thoughts by little snores. Looking over to bubs i saw that she was now sound asleep on my shoulders.

———

*like 30 minutes to 1 hour later*

CARINA'S POV:

I felt myself moving. Opening my eye i see bubba carrying me out the car.

"what happened?" i whispered

"your okay, bubs, you fell asleep and we are now back home" bubba spoke in a hushed tone.

"but what about the family day"

"we are going to watch movies inside for the rest of the day to just chill and have fun"

I replied with an okay and then looked around at my surroundings. That's when i saw everyone looking at me and rome with such love and shock. All this attention caused me to blush and shy away into bubba's shoulder again.

After about 5 minutes of silence papa spoke up, "okay, so what movie are we watching"

Everyone shouted with movie they wanted to watch first and surprisingly lots of us all wanted to watch the same movie.

We ended up deciding to watch all the divergent series movies. Dad went to put the movie on while Adriana went to get the popcorn and snacks, Sandro went to get pillows and blankets and everyone else sat on the sofa.

 Dad went to put the movie on while Adriana went to get the popcorn and snacks, Sandro went to get pillows and blankets and everyone else sat on the sofa

I ended up sitting between bubba and papa. But some how little alex managed to cuddle his way to me and ended up sitting on my lap cuddled in.

There was multiple complaints about who sat next to me but dad just shut them down.

We spent hours watching movies after movies and laughing as a family, but eventually everyone had fallen asleep.

Not knowing that the truth would be out soon.

———

thank you for reading!
I am so sorry for taking so long to update and having this update not be as long as normal.

please let me know if any mistakes i have made.

xx