𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑: 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐐𝐔𝐄𝐒𝐓

"Useless, I'm completely useless."

    ESSENCE 'ERIS' LEWIS DID NOT CARE TO GO ON AN ADVENTURE OR QUEST. She was happy staying at Camp Half-Blood forever and spending the rest of her days in the Art room with Willow. A lot of half-bloods were desperate to go on a quest to prove themselves to their Godly parent but not Eris. She was unclaimed there was no one she could prove herself too. If she went on a quest she wouldn't be anything but dead weight; she could barely fight and had no special abilities. If she went on a quest and faced a monster she'd die. So Chiron called her into the Big House where Annabeth Chase and Percy Jackson are and asked her to partake in the quest to find Zeus' lightning bolt in the Underworld so a war doesn't break out between Zeus and Poseidon Eris gives a very logical response:

"No, thanks."

"But why?" Chiron asked frowning at her. "This is an excellent opportunity to prove yourself to the Gods."

She flinched, "L-Look at me, Chiron," she told him. "I-I don't have any special water powers o-or super intelligence," she gestured to Percy and Annabeth. "I can't even wield a sword right. Those monsters will eat me alive out there. Out of all people wh-why are you asking me? You guys already have three people picked out, you don't need me."

"Because Percy-"

"I had a dream," Percy blurted out. "About you the night I got here." Eris' face must have showed her disgust because Percy quickly turned bright red. "N-Not like that. I mean...someone visited me in a dream." He told her. "I don't know who it was, I don't even know what they looked like but they told me I need to bring Essence on this quest. I...I think you're meant to come with us."

   She shook her head. "No.No. There are thousands of girls named Essence in this world you can't be."

   "He said to bring you specifically. He said I need to bring Eris Lewis in this quest. He was talking about you," Percy said.

   "I can't go," she replied. "I'll just be a liability. He's probably just tricking you."

   "She's not wrong," Annabeth muttered but Chiron silenced her with a quick warning look.

   But Eris didn't take any offense to it, Annabeth was a daughter of Athena it was rare when she was wrong.

   Eris shook her head and stood. "I-I'm sorry but I can't help you. I'm not dying because of some silly dream you had," she grabbed her things and headed to the door.